User created track ideas

#1beadlehandsPosted 4/16/2012 4:13:23 AM
With only 2 days to go till release, i thought a topic on Track Editor ideas would be a good way to pass some time.
I hope to try some track creation although i rarely have the patience. Please feel free to nick my ideas and do them better than i can!

Please post any ideas you have or want to see as user created tracks. Film, Music, Game, Landmarks or any other references/ideas welcome (so long as they're within Terms&Conditions of GameFAQS).

These can be skill games, tracks, or anything you think Trials Evolutions Editor can handle.
(If you don't want to share ideas fine. But if you're like me and rubbish with editors, maybe the less lazy users here can take your idea and make it a gorgeous reality).

I'll start:
Super-cross race a'la Jackie Chan's "Rumble in the Bronx" - 4 player local-multi.
Race down a street over cars, do a 180 and head back.

Grand National - 4 player local multi.
A race around the famous Grand National circuit at Aintree. Will your bike refuse jumping at the Chair?

Star Wars "Death Star run" - "What's that flashing?" It's your bike being lit up by lasers!

Deserted Giza - Fly over the dunes of the Sahara, speeding toward Cairo. Can your rider make it up, over, around and through the Great Pyramids of Giza?

Hey! That's my home town! - Kickstart a time trial in your own back-yard! Create a course based on your home, garden, town, city, county, state and/or country. (I reckon London, San Francisco and Great Wall of China would be good ideas).

Bring 'em on, and leave a gamertag if you want to (but please add message so i/we know who you are, where you are and that you saw this on GameFAQS).
Me: beadlehands
---
You forgot the first rule of gaming gentlemen, if you are not skilled in some aspect then the game is broken. Obviously - megamanmatt450
#2madgreg666Posted 4/16/2012 8:24:35 AM
I have an idea for a time travel map using the sun rising\setting to simulate time passing. I'd use decade inspired sections, and end it with the world below exploding as you float up into space.

Way easier to write in a paragraph lol. Does anyone know if you can loop tracks and do laps? I had another idea just keeping a fixed camera and doing all out motocross with a long back straight
---
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 3 Weeks Until Winter || 2011 total mileage: 1370
#3beadlehands(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 1:45:57 AM
For some reason i'm almost certain you can do looped tracks/laps. I don't want to say a firm yes, but i'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in one of the 1000+ articles and videos i've seen.

If you haven't, check the editor videos on youtube, gamespot/ign and the redlynx website. It seems a bit complicated, but viewing these may help understand whether looped tracks etc are possible.
---
You forgot the first rule of gaming gentlemen, if you are not skilled in some aspect then the game is broken. Obviously - megamanmatt450
#4beadlehands(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 2:02:23 AM
madgreg666 - I like that idea. I think a time travel track was attempted in Trials HD, but the editor made it hard to do.

More ideas people, come on! (More ideas below)

Saving Ryans Privates - Private Ryan has prostate cancer. Race up his lower intestine administering life saving speed... before it's too late!

Race tracks - Reproduce racing tracks you know and love, with a twist. Donnington Park during the festival, with cars racing around the track. Laguna Seca during a gravity quake. etc, etc.

My Mrs. - Ride my Mrs! Curvy and lovely? Fat disfigured and hard to deal with? A boney flat arid boring time sponge? What better way of proving your love than creating a track of the game you play to get away from that miserable, opinion splurting, car wreck of a woman (or man. We're just as bad!).
---
#5Yi LongPosted 4/17/2012 5:19:56 AM
I'd like to see a Mirror's Edge themed track across rooftops, including the nice colours used in that game, thus keeping it a bit abstract... :)

Also, not sure if it's possible, but a track on top of a moving train.
#6qbicfeetPosted 4/17/2012 5:59:45 AM(edited)
In one way or another, I'm going to try and create a rhythm-based track with various objects moving, appearing or disappearing in sync with custom music (there is an instruments group in the sound event and you can change the pitch so with some clever use of impulses it should be a piece of cake).

Think BIT.TRIP RUNNER.

I've also thought about making some sort of winter-themed track where you halfway through the track enter an ice cavern (that is, if snow is possible in this game).
---
PSN / XBL / Steam: qbicfeet
Currently anticipating: Trials Evolution, Cube World, Retro City Rampage
#7beadlehands(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 1:47:26 AM
OK, this topic appears to be going down like a cup of cold sick!
This is my last post here, but i'd love someone to make my ideas a reality.

Stonehenge - A druid bikers nirvana.

Indiana Jones - Hurry up, before the ball gets you. Then race through the mine and stop that annoying b**** whining.

Pitfall 2.0 - The 80's are back with ... a bike.

TTFN. Enjoy Trials and hope to see you on-line.
Gamertage is: beadlehands. Add me to friend list, but give a note of who you are, where you are and that you saw this on GameFAQS.
---