Never been to into these types of games

#1HypnoGPosted 4/17/2012 9:53:07 AM
Never been one to race for the best time, and I usually suck at these games. Iwill definently try the demo for this because it looks amazing, how hard is it to become decent?
---
Yeah well I dont do maths but they're still different shapes when looking at them. I dont care about your stupid mathematical jargon.
#2chaoz-kingPosted 4/17/2012 10:43:16 AM
That's almost an impossible question to answer.
#3squeeb1985Posted 4/17/2012 10:45:23 AM
I never played a trials game before Trials HD. I picked up THD on the day that it came out and a week later I was ranked 22 on the hardest track. Now granted, almost everyone sucked at THD when it came out (besides a select few who played Trials 2 second edition on PC) so that 22 is now around 1000, but you could probably break the top 1000 on the global leaderboard in 2-3 months if you play every day. If you want to get into the top 100 then go ask xMotionSickness for tips.
---
GT: Beastwood5
#4Jack_WraithPosted 4/17/2012 11:46:33 AM
squeeb1985 posted...
I never played a trials game before Trials HD. I picked up THD on the day that it came out and a week later I was ranked 22 on the hardest track. Now granted, almost everyone sucked at THD when it came out (besides a select few who played Trials 2 second edition on PC) so that 22 is now around 1000, but you could probably break the top 1000 on the global leaderboard in 2-3 months if you play every day. If you want to get into the top 100 then go ask xMotionSickness for tips.

I was in the top 10 for awhile when HD came out. Only game on Xbox Live that I've been ranked even close to that high on. For weeks I'd log in and see that I got knocked out of the top 10, so I'd spend hours reclaiming a spot. The next day it was the same over and over and over.

After a few weeks of that I said screw it. Too much trouble. I was happy enough to dominate my friend's list.
#5BANDlCOOTPosted 4/17/2012 11:48:10 AM
You'll be able to go from easy to expert relatively easy if you understand the mechanics which based on your skill at other video games I think will be fine.

The question is whether you'll have fun playing tracks over and over again trying to gold the level which requires few faults and a quick time.

It's very addictive yet challenging, like Super Meat Boy. You fail a lot... but that just makes you want to play more. It's very easy to just keep resetting the level because they are so short.

The mini games look amazing and the community made stuff will be insane, I can promise you that.
---
True Story.
#6HypnoG(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 3:45:31 PM
Yeah what really put me on to this game is the community created things, that interested me.

However I hate playing tracks or minigames over and over just to "gold" it
---
Yeah well I dont do maths but they're still different shapes when looking at them. I dont care about your stupid mathematical jargon.