Scandinavian Summer - My second wintery custom track

#1qbicfeetPosted 4/27/2012 1:00:45 PM
Title: Scandinavian Summer
Description: "They told me snow had no place in Trials. I proved them wrong."

Author: qbicfeet
Uploaded: 27/04/2012
Difficulty: Easy
Tags: Downhill, Scenic, Themed

Just uploaded my second custom track after spending about ~30 hours on it in total. Naturally I'm looking for feedback, so if you feel like it give it a shot and tell me what you think.

The track builds onto the winter theme I introduced in Frostbite, but fixes most of the problems that track had.

Platinum time is 0:54:000 - Good luck!

Cheers.
---
PSN / XBL / Steam: qbicfeet
Currently playing: Trials Evolution, Team Fortress 2
#2ShinobiRainPosted 4/27/2012 2:27:12 PM(edited)
Well, I thought it was amazing. Add in some explosions and its an official Redlynx track it's that good.

I did notice two things though. 1. I normally like exploding backwards at the start to see if there is cool stuff back there, but there was an invisible wall. Might want to fix that. And 2. That platinum time seems impossible to me. I got around 54.600 with almost no missed flips. I guess I could have gone a little lower off of some ramps, but not enough to make up 6 tenths. I do not presume to be a trials god like some dudes on the leaderboard, but if they are the only humans that can do the track in under 54:000, then you should probably make it a little easier. I would have played a lot more if I knew I could reach the platinum time.

I only say these things because the track was nigh-perfect and you probably wanted feedback to make your next tracks even greater, so there you go.
#3qbicfeet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 2:45:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback:

Explosions - Was thinking about some dynamic scenery, but I found it hard to do it without making it look ridiculously forced or out-of-place.

Invisible wall - Put a custom collision there on purpose because I couldn't (read: was too lazy to) come up with a good easter egg or surprise or w/e :P

Platinum - Use the Scorpion and save time by cutting your jumps. Another tip is that if you ride the "bridge" by the first cliffside well enough you can skip the ramp before the transfer to the parking lot and save upwards 1 entire second, which is a lot.

Again, thanks. Glad you enjoyed it :)
---
#4LovecraftUKPosted 4/27/2012 3:51:12 PM
Brilliant track! And omg check my replay out, How lucky was that! haha
---
Trials Evo Track maker. GT LovecraftUK. 8 Tracks so far. New Skill Game, SUPER SMASH BALL V2.
#5MMAThaiFlghterPosted 4/27/2012 5:57:20 PM
Loved the track and I'm still trying to catch you on the leader boards for Frostbite. Love the winter environment.
---
XBox Live Gamertag: Muaithaiko PSN: Muaythaiko
#6qbicfeet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 12:14:32 AM
Thanks!

Also, if anyone has access to a capture card or any other means of recording gameplay it would be heavily appreciated. Don't know how I could repay you, but I'm sure we could come up with something.
---
#7CheBob55Posted 4/28/2012 1:24:48 AM
Excellent track, I'd be surprised if it didn't get into the Red Lynx Picks sooner or later, it's about as close to a proper snow themed level as I can imagine.

It feels like a Redlynx easy track, in that completing it isn't hard but mastering it is gonna eat away a few hours of my time. Good stuff.
#8LovecraftUKPosted 4/28/2012 3:16:34 AM
How do you get the snow to keep pace with the camera?
---
Trials Evo Track maker. GT LovecraftUK. 8 Tracks so far. New Skill Game, SUPER SMASH BALL V2.
#9qbicfeet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 4:29:01 AM(edited)
LovecraftUK posted...
How do you get the snow to keep pace with the camera?

Will post an elaborate diagram in image form tomorrow when I get home. A lot of people have been asking, so I figure I might as well reveal my secret. It's simple, but hard to explain with words.
---
#10dan0314Posted 4/28/2012 5:03:27 AM

I could record the track for you if you need it. I'm about to go play it. :D