New idea for a track...go left!

#1GuvmentCheesePosted 4/28/2012 3:07:45 PM
Well, it's obviously not that hard to implement, and I figured it'd be a neat idea to see how badly it might screw with your senses...but the problem is that going right on the stick still makes the rider lean forward of the front of the bike, and going left on the stick is the opposite. When traveling from left to right that's not a big deal, but when going right to left the leans are backwards, making everything many more times as difficult.

Is there anyway to reverse the lean, so when pressing left the rider leans back, and vice versa?
#2seanydizzPosted 4/28/2012 3:27:51 PM
theres a track out already that makes you go left and i have to say, trying to play THIS game with backwards controls is not fun in the slightest
---
Gamertag: seanje
#3GuvmentCheese(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 3:31:58 PM
Well darn...

Ok, so it's not a unique idea, but evidently I'm not alone in thinking the backwards controls are not fun when the rider is facing the other direction, so does anyone know how to remedy this? I've checked the tutorial video's, but I can't figure out how to apply the left analog stick to lean, but in the opposite direction.
#4LovecraftUKPosted 4/28/2012 4:09:05 PM
Worst idea ever.
---
Trials Evo Track maker. GT LovecraftUK. 8 Tracks so far. New Skill Game, SUPER SMASH BALL V2.
#5squeeb1985Posted 4/28/2012 10:28:38 PM
I made a first person track where up was leaning forward and down was leaning back (which was really simple btw), so I'd imagine that it'd work the same for a backwards track. It just took the up on the left analog stick and mapped it to 127 (or w/e the number was) lean and down was -127 lean.
---
GT: Beastwood5
#6krazykiwikidPosted 4/29/2012 12:02:23 AM
There are a few maps where the creator thinks they're doing something clever or different when they have a section that puts the camera on the other side of the rider. Every time it ruins the **** out of the track and is one of the stupidest annoying things ever. However, this thread gave me an idea of a track where it's a big steep backwards rolling hill.
#7darkharePosted 4/29/2012 2:10:41 AM
i havent messed around with the editor yet but i was wondering how far left and right you could actually turn (the track), so apparently you can turn so far left and right that your racer can be going the opposite direction? lol
---
I am the biggest jerk this forum has ever known, and dont you ever forget that.
#8dannyaqPosted 4/29/2012 3:48:13 AM
Can you make gravity upside down? If.you are upside down and backwards, the controls should counter each other to be normal, right?
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#9madgreg666Posted 4/30/2012 11:54:59 AM
Im working on a track that is laps.... just the one checkpoint as a lap interval. The camera is fixed, so you can see the whole track in one fixed view. The back straight is totally flat to avoid any leaning confusion.....

As for the TCs idea... cant you reverse the controls via trigger? It would still be confusing and look weird but its better then learning inversion controls
---
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 1750miles - Wheres the snow? Not in New England anymore!
#10quietmastrb8terPosted 4/30/2012 10:14:29 PM

There's a reason u don't go singleness any of the single player levels, it's insanely confusing to how the game has wired you. However you can implement it into your course and not make it out to be cheap or frustrating. I used it in mine, not for challenge, but to show of effects in what used to be the foreground. It makes a really cinematic perspective. It takes carefully placing of the cameras and u may want to build your obstacles appropriately to adjust to the switch. For example, switch in midair AND provide hang time to adjust and make obstacles clear.

Reverse isn't as bad as people think it is, it just takes more effort to do it well, so of course, it's usually not.