I just uploaded a new track.

Title: Merry-Go-Wild
Description: "Now with a 89% chance of causing vertigo!"

Author: qbicfeet
Uploaded: 05/05/2012
Difficulty: Hard
Tags: Technical, Indoor, Classic, Something Wild

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENwxvMW6_DE

A Micro Donkey skill game reminiscent of "In Flames" from Trials HD, only you ride around on an abandoned carousel. It even features headache-inducing merry-go-round music!

Please give it a go and reply with feedback. For anyone wondering, the music is Haunted Merry-Go-Round from Super Mario 64.

Cheers.
---
PSN / GT / Steam - qbicfeet
Avid Trials Evolution track creator
#2psycho42069Posted 5/6/2012 8:03:56 AM
Haven't played your track yet as I am at work, but just curious. How do you use your own music on a track? I have never even looked at the audio options in the editor.
---
GT: psycho42069
Disclaimer: Everything posted by this account is pure fiction, and the ramblings of a maniac. NORF!!!
#3qbicfeet(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 8:13:59 AM
psycho42069 posted...
Haven't played your track yet as I am at work, but just curious. How do you use your own music on a track? I have never even looked at the audio options in the editor.

You have to "program" it from scratch using impulse delay filters, set value events, variables, the square and sine wave sounds found under looping sound sources and a whole lot of other stuff (I spent more time making the music than designing track). Having some musical knowledge helps too.
---
#4psycho42069Posted 5/6/2012 8:38:19 AM
Ahhh so you, in general terms, made a mash-up of sorts using bits and pieces of in game sound effects, etc?

Go you!
---
GT: psycho42069
Disclaimer: Everything posted by this account is pure fiction, and the ramblings of a maniac. NORF!!!
#5qbicfeet(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 9:09:52 AM
psycho42069 posted...
Ahhh so you, in general terms, made a mash-up of sorts using bits and pieces of in game sound effects, etc?

Pretty much, except I was only using one kind of sound source (sine wave) each for the rythm and the lead and kept changing the pitch of the sounds.

If you're really interested I guess I could make a very simplified and basic diagram how it works.
---
#6ROMKratosPosted 5/6/2012 9:20:51 AM
qbicfeet posted...
psycho42069 posted...

Pretty much, except I was only using one kind of sound source (sine wave) each for the rythm and the lead and kept changing the pitch of the sounds.

If you're really interested I guess I could make a very simplified and basic diagram how it works.

Wait, so does the editor let you modify the waves in Hz? If so, I could potentially make music too. =D
---
All personnel should reach minimum safe distance immediately...
#7SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 5/6/2012 9:26:04 AM
More impressed with the music than the actual track. Great job.
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#8qbicfeet(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 10:13:02 AM
Not in hz, but in pitch,
---
#9ROMKratosPosted 5/6/2012 12:11:27 PM
It kind of sucks that I can't play this since I never played HD. Not gonna lie.
---
All personnel should reach minimum safe distance immediately...
#10qbicfeet(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 12:27:51 PM
ROMKratos posted...
It kind of sucks that I can't play this since I never played HD. Not gonna lie.

You can't play it because you haven't unlocked the Micro Donkey? Or are you just jumping to assumptions here without trying to download it? Because I read that any track that forces you to use the Donkey should be available even though you haven't unlocked it.

Please confirm whether it works or not.
---