How to eliminate bounce?

#1zfstarkPosted 5/19/2012 10:00:26 PM
As I'm trying to improve my times and complete harder tracks one of the biggest differences I find between my runs & leader boards is that I have a lot of bounce to my landings. Even when mimicking a replay closely I still come off the track a good foot or two. I've managed to see on run where somebody leaned back on a landing & then forward to stick a bounce, but a lot of the faster runs just simply don't have it. It also goes along the lines of trying to retain speed when landing as well; I'm getting the hang of wheeling through a good portion of a stage but when I get to that incline I either bounce or lose a lot of speed trying to climb the hill rather sticking it immediately and flying off.

Any tips on how to do this better?
---
This doesn't look like an accident...
#2whyterose86Posted 5/20/2012 11:52:40 AM
Keep in mind you're seeing the BEST runs from these individuals in their leaderboard runs....it's incredibly difficult to explain to someone how to do things in trials too. You just kind of get good and "feel" how and what to do & when to do it. Keep practicing and you'll get it
#3TurboSkunkPosted 5/20/2012 12:08:39 PM
Try to get your rear tire to hit the ground just before the front. Very subtle, but it helps.

It distributes the rebound differently and results in less pop on your landing.

Hard to explain, but its something that comes naturally after many, many hours of Trials.
#4Super_TomPosted 5/20/2012 1:34:07 PM
You said it yourself. Lean back, to get the back tyre to hit first and then immediately lean forward to absorb the bounce. That's all there is to it really. You just need to master the technique, which will take many hours.
---
()