Good build for higher difficulties?

#1RitalinfiendPosted 4/21/2012 4:56:54 PM
I plan on eventually playing the highest difficulty and going for all trophies. What should I focus my level up points on?
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#22ndAtomiskPosted 4/21/2012 5:30:25 PM
If you make 999 Explosive and Fainting Spheres you don't have to worry much about your build. They'll get you through really quickly.

If you don't want to go that route, Zankoku makes things a lot easier. So that and Defense. Zankoku to get you through missions quickly and Defense for boss fights.
---
Virtua Fighter 5 FS coming to PSN/XBL!!
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus confirmed for PSN/XBL
#3Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 5:43:34 PM(edited)
I like zankoku. I want to make sure I can use that against everything I can. Anyone know how high I should make this to be able to use it against everything possible on the highest level?
---
#42ndAtomiskPosted 4/22/2012 5:28:16 PM(edited)
I believe you need 7 bars to take out bears and Yojimbo on Deadly Mode.
---
#5Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 7:15:25 PM
Nice! Thanks for the info. So would 7 zankoku, say 10 in grappling hook, and the rest in defense be a good build to get through the highest difficulty?
---
#62ndAtomiskPosted 4/22/2012 8:00:46 PM
Yep, you should make it like that. Oh, but according to another topic on here you only need to take your grapple hook to 9. So feel free to invest those four points into something else.
---
#7Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 8:23:33 PM
You sir, are awesome. Thanks for all the advice.
---
#82ndAtomiskPosted 4/22/2012 8:25:54 PM
You're welcome.
---
#9Liv_Caylian2Posted 4/24/2012 6:13:00 PM
I went by this in a different way. I levelled up grapple hook to max first, then zankoku to max, then attack and defense together to max, then stamina to 100.
I know that you can reach all the places with a 9m grapple hook but I found it more fun and a lot more convenient to have the max grapple hook. Also, since this game is mainly a stealth game, I shouldn't reaaally be fighting and worrying about stamina, attack, and defense, so zankoku was next for the stealth kills. If I remember right, in all battles except for the final one, Akame Kagetora, and the first Nagi battle, you can run away and wait for the enemy to give up looking for you. So I could just zankoku them with that stat maxed.
This is definitely a slower way through the game cause I always tried to get stealth kills and using +999 spheres was just too easy so I didn't want to ruin the experience for myself. Just my thoughts.
---
Diru!
#10Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 6:51:34 PM
Just curious Liv, did you try that build on the highest difficulty?
---