Ugh, I hate current-gen gaming (DLC already planned for Dragon's Crown)

#51crimsin7Posted 7/19/2011 6:17:12 PM
TrueDozenMarks posted...
How the hell could you even translate that to fix it in the first place?

i'm that good.

when you've had only one gamefaqs name for your entire interwebz career, that sort of says something.

nah, i just have a way with text.
---
"The idea works in small, well-organised, mature communities, but not on GameFAQs."
--Scottie theNerd (GameFAQs Moderator)
#52DaKingOPosted 7/20/2011 8:20:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but NISA, publishes a lot of games that aren't their own, from Gust, Compile Heart, Idea Factory, ect.

That DLC is already in Japan because the developers have already created it, NISA simply brings the DLC with it. So i think a lot of you are misplacing your blame on them, for a way another Developer has set up their game (Gust, Compile Heart, Idea Factory).

Most of the DLC offered from these games were completely unnecessary anyway. XP, Skill points, Items, ect... Stuff you could easily attain by playing through the game. So i don't see the problem with the DLC you don't need, hell it's already there just work for it

However in regards to Disgaea 3 (that being the only NIS created ps3 game in the US), charging 1.99 (4.99/5.99 for bundles), 3.99 for new modes, and 11.99 for a new story chapters(16 maps)

Also unnecessary, only the added Rasberyl scenerio added something that could be considered worthy of a purchase (voice acted, story scenario, limited time gig and revya free, lol NISA mistake)
---
Disgaea 3, now in Laharl mode............................lol
#53crimsin7Posted 7/20/2011 8:46:06 AM
not to completely threadjack this but...daking, how's disgaea 4 looking?

2 didn't have the feeling and fun of 1 and 3 was just too silly in most ways.

i'm asking because your sig made me realize that laharl mode would make me want to play it again and actually do all the crap after the story. mao just wasn't as like-able as laharl, to me at least.
---
"The idea works in small, well-organised, mature communities, but not on GameFAQs."
#54DaKingOPosted 7/20/2011 8:52:13 AM
As far as improvements it looks to be a step in the rigtht direction as far as graphics, gameplay, and features. The story however i can't comment on I love 1, 3 was ok, but 2 i hated the story. however Axel mode in the psp version of 2 was very well done and very good, which makes suffer through the main story line of 2 that much worse.

4 could be the best one since 1, but we'll have to wait and see, so far it's moving in the right direction
---
#55SoaringDivePosted 7/20/2011 4:30:12 PM
Some DLC is good, most is just a rip-off.

FatClefairy posted...
Just because a game has DLC doesn't mean you're buying an unfinished game. A lot of the time, games go gold a few months before the actual release date. Developers have nothing else to work on during that time so they work on DLC to add to the game depending on how open the game is to extra stuff.

This is an important post that got skipped over.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#56kosmos1214Posted 7/20/2011 5:25:27 PM
sorry for being hard to under stand
all im saying is if they sent a hard copy
it would not bother me cuz when i buy a game
i buy what i relly like and i know ill still
be playing them 10 ro 20 years from now
and if they sent a hard copy id still get to use the dlc
---
im a guy
#57SpherixPosted 7/20/2011 7:11:19 PM
DLC bothers me because I always worry that I'm missing the full experience. Or that the DLC corrupts the experience. It makes it difficult to tell what the real game was supposed to be, what the difficulty curve was like.

Then I realize that the developers probably didn't put that much thought into it. And that I play games for entirely different reasons than most people.

But I'm not sure calling DLC "unnecessary" is particularly... appropriate. What makes anything about a game "necessary"? Without context, without a goal, both "necessary" and "unnecessary" have no meaning. Necessary to complete the game? To enjoy it? To have the full experience?
#58DaKingOPosted 7/20/2011 9:20:21 PM
Spherix posted...
DLC bothers me because I always worry that I'm missing the full experience. Or that the DLC corrupts the experience. It makes it difficult to tell what the real game was supposed to be, what the difficulty curve was like.

Then I realize that the developers probably didn't put that much thought into it. And that I play games for entirely different reasons than most people.

But I'm not sure calling DLC "unnecessary" is particularly... appropriate. What makes anything about a game "necessary"? Without context, without a goal, both "necessary" and "unnecessary" have no meaning. Necessary to complete the game? To enjoy it? To have the full experience?

True the use of the word unnecessary is a bit misleading, so let's think about what exactly does the particular DLC add to the content that's already there. Does it add anything worthwhile or to the overall experience, does it change the experience of the game for better or worse, is this truly an add on experience or should this already have been part of my initial purchase.

DLC that i can think of that changed, added more value, and enhanced the experience. was Fallout 3: Broken Steel, level 30 cap, new quest, new perks. I think DLC like that is DLC done right.

Story DLC like Raspberry's is story DLC i like to see. I hate story related DLC that's with held from you just because of some marketing ploy but it's available to you day 1 on launch.
---
#59crimsin7Posted 7/21/2011 5:43:42 AM
i'm just bummed that fat princess and shroom wars will be completely lost for the ages when psn finally goes down. they need to have an option when services go down to send us a hard copy or something.
---
#60ArrayOfNothingPosted 7/25/2011 4:44:21 PM
I for one agree with crimsin7 almost entirely. It's not necessarily the price of the DLC as the ideas behind it. For example, asking for 30 dollars to upgrade an old PC game to a new engine made by its developers would be okay (if the jump is large enough), but asking for even 99 cents for something removed from the final product or made during the final product's production time is just pure wallet-squeezing.

Also, judging from some of the posts, the reason PTU (pay to unlock) content is so successful is because some people are just stupid.
---
Gamefaqs in its entirety is an unintelligent site where blind men throw blind punches.