Unlocking Saiki

#1MakeBeliefPosted 11/22/2011 11:25:11 PM
I just unlocked Saiki. I did some research on the net previously on how to unlock him, although no definite answer was found, I can conclude that it relates to the amount of target action you do before you finish the 3rd match.

Some tips I would like to share with everyone since there seems to be a lot of people getting stuck unlocking Saiki lol.

1) What I do is choose 3 characters that I know how to use best, and use them to perform the target action. (Duh.)

2) For those who are having troubling performing drive cancel, I suggest using Iori (flameless). Start off with quarterback LK/HK, then drive cancel using quarterback LP/HP. This is by far the easiest drive cancel to perform imo, i succeed almost all the time.

3) If you are still stuck with performing drive cancel (or any other target actions), what I do is let that character die, and "refresh" the target actions with my next character. Don't just give up on that target action and go ahead and kill off your opponent XD rmb that amount of opponents left, and opponent's health = the amount of chances you have.

4) Although obvious, I will still point out. when you are playing arcade mode to unlock saiki, do not fight to lessen your opponents health, what you should be doing is fight to achieve said target actions. If anything, you should be happy that your opponent blocked your moves lol so that his/her health last longer.

5) Play in Very Easy mode... Yes, this way you will be facing a low AI who will just stay there for 10 seconds waiting for you to perform your target action. Difficulty doesn't affect the unlockability of Saiki. I unlocked him when playing in Very Easy mode.

Just a note, I perform like around 15 target actions each match. 15 x 3 = 45. My guess is you have to achieve around that much for Saiki to show up instead of Billy. Beat him to unlock Saiki. You don't to finish the whole arcade mode, just beat Saiki and he will be unlocked. You can then quit at the 4th match and enjoy Saiki in whatever mode your like lol.

Hope this helps =D
#2Just_DJPosted 11/23/2011 12:33:36 AM
Thank you for the clear and concise advice.
#3FilthyScumPosted 11/23/2011 3:23:00 AM
Thanks for this.
#4FilthyScumPosted 11/23/2011 4:06:31 AM
I used your method, and I just unlocked Saiki. Just put it on the easiest difficulty, pick Iori, and do as many Target Actions during the match as you can.
#5Ding6Posted 11/23/2011 4:10:06 AM
Start adding this type of stuff to the cheat section plz!
---
-- Gaming Wallpapers made by Me -- http://biodio.deviantart.com
*Pokemon* HG FC - 3309 6928 9894 / White FC - 1764 1853 9902
#6OMEGA RUGALPosted 11/23/2011 7:31:50 AM
Thanks dude ...
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Modern Warefare 3, King of Fighters 13, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Zelda Skyward Sword!!!!!
#7StormTRPosted 11/23/2011 8:21:21 AM
This is going to sound stupid but uh....could someone give the definition of 'Target Action' as it pertains to KOFXIII?
---
( PSN: L-W-X )
"In our world, every storm has an end...Every night, brings a new morning."
#8CreekCoPosted 11/23/2011 8:27:40 AM
StormTR posted...
This is going to sound stupid but uh....could someone give the definition of 'Target Action' as it pertains to KOFXIII?

TA is when you follow the recommended command sequence in the upper corner of the screen (stuff like jump 3x, dash forward or back 3x, hit the enemy with a special, etc.). It's normally easy stuff to do but you only have a certain time window for some of 'em.
---
Wut... what just happened? -- Woody Page on Around the Horn, 10/11/11.
#9StormTRPosted 11/23/2011 8:39:07 AM
All right, thanks. I'm currently waiting for the game in the mail, so some of these terms and situations are a bit unfamiliar to me, even from having briefly played the arcade version and seeing a bunch of tournaments on it.
---
( PSN: L-W-X )
"In our world, every storm has an end...Every night, brings a new morning."
#10CreekCoPosted 11/23/2011 9:06:12 AM
StormTR posted...
All right, thanks. I'm currently waiting for the game in the mail, so some of these terms and situations are a bit unfamiliar to me, even from having briefly played the arcade version and seeing a bunch of tournaments on it.

Fair warning: I've been playing video games for YEARS and it took me about 2 hours before I could start pulling off some of those cancel combos intentionally. Just have fun with it and don't take the fun out of the game by spending too much time initially in trial mode.
---
Wut... what just happened? -- Woody Page on Around the Horn, 10/11/11.