If they make KOF 14 (Dream Match)

#1VGZ87Posted 12/25/2011 10:18:19 PM
This is how the teams should look like

Ash Team

Ash Crimson
Lin ( I know he wasn't in KOF 2003-XIII but he would make a good rival for Duo Lon)
Oswald

Elisabeth Team

Elisabeth Blanctorche
Duo Lon
Shen Woo

Japan Team

Kyo Kusanagi / EX Kyo
Benimaru Nikaido
Goro Daimon

Yagami Team

Iori Yagami / Iori With Flame
Vice
Mature

K' Team

K'
Maxima
Kula Diamond

Fatal Fury Team

Terry Bogard
Joe Higashi
Andy Bogard

Art of Fighting Team

Ryo Sakazaki
Robert Garcia
Takuma Sakazaki / Mr.Karate

Women Fighters Team

Mai Shiranui
King
Yuri Sakazaki

Korea Team

Kim Kaphwan
Chang Koehan
Jhun Hoon

Psycho Soldier Team

Athena Asamiya
Sie Kensou
Chin Gentsai or Momoko

Ikari Team

Ralf Jones
Clark Still
Leona or Whip

Agent Team

Vanessa
Blue Mary
Ramon

Outlaw Team

Billy Kane
Eiji Kisaragi
Ryuji Yamazaki

Anit-Fatal Fury Team

Hwa Jai
Raiden
Duck King

Garou MOTW Team

B. Jenet
Gato
Tizoc

High School Girls Team

Malin
Hinako Shijo
Kasumi Todoh

Chizuru Team

Chizuru Kagura
Shingo Yabuki
Kusanagi

Orochi Team

Yashiro Nanakase / Orochi Yashiro
Shermie / Orochi Shermie
Chris / Orochi Chris

(Mid Bosses Teams)

Adelheid Team

Adelheid Bernstein
Gai Tendo
Sho Hayate

Goenitz Team

Goenitz
Jyazu
Silber

Those From The Past Team

Human Saiki
Shion
Botan

(Final Bosses )

Mukai
Magaki
Saiki

(Special Boss)

Omega Rugal
#2Kyokugen_SpiritPosted 12/26/2011 12:35:10 AM
Why does everyone assume it'll be a dream match?

Dream Matches were designed to give SNK more time to craft new characters and stories when KOF was a annual title.

Now that KOF no longer comes out annually they can go straight to a new storyline with new characters.

XII was already a Dream Match, another Dream Match would just be overkill/stupid.
---
http://www.facebook.com/IWuvYouDA
#3SaviorGabrielPosted 12/26/2011 5:01:46 AM
Kyokugen Spirit posted...
Why does everyone assume it'll be a dream match?

Because that's how the games were patterned before. That's not to say it'll always happen like that, but I can understand why people would assume XIV would turn out that way. As for XII, I consider that more of a transitional game than anything like Neowave. I don't see a KOF dream match simply defined as a "KOF game without a plot". XII was more about modernizing the series into the HD era of gaming giving it a new start. It was always touted as the "Re-birth" for the series. That's just how I view the situation.
---
"I am defeated, and know it, if I meet any human being from whom I find myself unable to learn anything." --George Herbert Palmer
#4Kyokugen_SpiritPosted 12/26/2011 11:58:15 AM
Because that's how the games were patterned before. That's not to say it'll always happen like that, but I can understand why people would assume XIV would turn out that way. As for XII, I consider that more of a transitional game than anything like Neowave. I don't see a KOF dream match simply defined as a "KOF game without a plot". XII was more about modernizing the series into the HD era of gaming giving it a new start. It was always touted as the "Re-birth" for the series. That's just how I view the situation.

It was still a dream match. NeoWave was also considered a dream match. That's what a KOF dream match is: a KOF game without a plot.
---
#5Splatterhouse5Posted 12/26/2011 1:25:34 PM
Considering we had a dream match between KOF 2003 and XI, and again between XI and XIII, and that neither of them was very good, I'm not eager for yet another dream match to be squeezed into this saga.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#6MaverikGuyverPosted 12/26/2011 1:42:29 PM
Sorry guys but xii was in no way a dream match but more, as already pointed out, a transition.

A dream match cannot be defined purely as a KoF that doesn't have a plot since what would be the incentive to buy/play it if all it offered was a generic title without motive.

A dream match title should be defined as an amalgamation of all the games of a specific story arc (hence why they usually occur after a main story arc has concluded as it just has in xiii).

The clue is really in the title as a TRUE dream match would contain all characters present within that story arc and thus allowing you to create your own "dream match".

Fingers crossed that snkp's financial situation is on the mend and we get one to fully close the Ash saga.
---
GT = Maverick Guyver:- Who needs a main? With random select I can use everyone's moves! :D
#7Kyokugen_SpiritPosted 12/26/2011 1:57:41 PM
It's a dream match. Get over it.
---
#8Kyokugen_SpiritPosted 12/26/2011 1:58:36 PM
And Dream Matches were only designed to give them more time to craft the next arc. That was the case with both '98 and 2002.

But it's not needed anymore.
---
#9SirNovacainePosted 12/26/2011 2:00:01 PM
If yamazaki was in this game i would have bought it, because he isnt, i'll wait for the game he is in -_-
---
Gamertag: Uk II Tweed
Playing: Super Street Fighter IV - Evil Roo SRWZ2 - Official Lazengann / Spiral King of the SRWZ2 Board
#10MaverikGuyverPosted 12/26/2011 2:45:05 PM
Kyokugen Spirit posted...
And Dream Matches were only designed to give them more time to craft the next arc. That was the case with both '98 and 2002.

But it's not needed anymore.

No one is questioning the reason why they made dream match titles but xii still isn't one.

I don't really mind if we have a dream match or an opening to a brand new story next as long as Ryuji shows up.
---
GT = Maverick Guyver:- Who needs a main? With random select I can use everyone's moves! :D