How is the online? Matches aplenty? Good Netcode?

#1HeadExploderPosted 3/29/2012 6:30:11 AM
I split the cost of this game with my friend a long time ago to play on his PS3 and its pretty good. And seeing as this game is a huge step up from XII and it seems that KOF is being taken more seriously again, i'm considering getting my own copy for the Xbox (so i can use my fightstick :D)

but one thing I need to know for sure, because theres only one real reason I play fighters these days; for the online play.

So as the topic suggests, how's the online with this game? i know XII had some serious netcode issues or something, so I want to be sure before I go out and spend money on this. Are there plenty of people playing, therefore plenty of matches? Hows the netcode? are the majority of matches lag-free?

If theres anything else you want to add, feel free to do so. I appreciate any helpful responses. Thank youu.
---
GamerTag: ICED CRAB
SSF4: Cammy, Rufus, Makoto. SFxTK: Rufus, Paul, Cammy.
#2HeadExploder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 8:21:34 AM
this board is sure bumpin, i'll say that....
---
#3ArueziPosted 3/29/2012 8:59:00 AM
Well, it's a bit anecdotal but in my last expereance going online I found all of five different players to fight with and all of their connections were either yellow or red. Now, I'm quite sure the problem isn't on my end since I rarely encounter lag on other fighters such as BlazBlue, SF4:AE, SFvT and what have you, so I'd assume it's either the netcode or just really terrible luck.

It was actually kind of a pity, I had practiced for a couple of hours in training mode so that I could land my (admittedly feeble) combos reliably, only to end up playing underwater.
#4HeadExploder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 9:03:52 AM
i see. id like to hear more from other players to make sure, but i do appreciate your input.
---
#5Cinn_kentsu89Posted 3/29/2012 10:41:54 AM
The netcode is pretty good. The problem is the playerbase is mostly in Asia and south America so almost every player you see online will have a 2 or 1 bar connection. I just traded my copy in for 25 bucks just because for 3 days I only found one match that was above 1 bar. The online will only get worse with time sadly.

It's one of the best if not the best fighting game this gen which makes it sad to see.
---
KoF13: Joe, Andy, Robert, Terry. SFxT: Kazuya, Ryu, Hwaorang. DoA4: Hayate, Jann Lee, Bayman
#6King_of_donkeysPosted 3/29/2012 4:35:33 PM
I got it yesterday and am very disappointed, as I have not found a single match yet :/ Very irritating, I love the game but there is just no playerbase.
---
SFxT: Ogre, Hugo, Sagat, Paul ||| 3rd Strike: Oro, Yang
GT: Icy J 101 ----- http://steamcommunity.com/id/theicy
#7HeadExploder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 5:34:30 PM
:[ aww... guess i wont be getting it then.
---
#8MR_SorenPosted 3/30/2012 10:28:04 AM
I haven't played in a few weeks, but I usually had no trouble finding a handful of different opponents on any given evening.

Unfortunate that the player base isn't larger. The game itself is fantastic.
---
My Collection:
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=rcarello&mode=vown
#9Supah1337Posted 3/30/2012 7:50:08 PM
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...
The netcode is pretty good. The problem is the playerbase is mostly in Asia and south America so almost every player you see online will have a 2 or 1 bar connection. I just traded my copy in for 25 bucks just because for 3 days I only found one match that was above 1 bar. The online will only get worse with time sadly.

It's one of the best if not the best fighting game this gen which makes it sad to see.

you didn't even rematch me dude >.<
---
Paromin This is an RPG, everything required to finish the main game can be solved by gaining a ridiculous amount of levels
#10KiLLswitch777Posted 3/30/2012 10:12:10 PM
Wow you guys must have some bad luck. Every time I go on I always find at least a 3 bar connection. If I don't find one I create one and someone joins in a couple minutes. The netcode is solid but not the best.