Disc Read Error

#1ArueziPosted 4/18/2012 5:38:34 PM
Maybe this belongs on the 360 Hardware Board, but I'm going to ask my question here instead.

Does it matter which model of 360 you use to play this game?

I ask this because despite having bought the game new I've always had trouble getting my xbox to read the disc for this game. Initially I chocked it up to being a problem with the disc itself, but I've already exchanged my copy for a new one a couple of times already, and even resorted to putting it through a DVD cleaner, neither option has helped.

The only other option is that my Xbox is at fault somehow. And while I'm perfectly willing to accept that, I am confused as to why. You see, I've never had any trouble with any of the other games I own or have borrowed, but for some reason KoF13 just doesn't want to spin up.

Any help would be appreciated.
#2thesolidsharkPosted 4/18/2012 8:10:12 PM
It might be your system if that's the case; I'll see if any XB players know have had any troubles like that.
---
"You interfered with a well-laid plan."
"Yeah, well you can stick you well-laid plan up your well-laid a**"
#3vegeta2002Posted 5/1/2012 2:55:05 PM
I hope I'm not too late to tell you this, but a dying 360 hard drive can give disc read errors for some reason. It's a pretty major engineering flaw. When it happened to me, my copy of Oblivion stopped working when other games booted up fine. I destroyed that disc trying to clean it and later voided my warranty trying to access the 360's laser. Ouch. Eventually most of my games stopped working. and I knew the game wasn't to blame.

Here's is what you can do to make sure you aren't doing anything stupid: Remove the hard drive and see if the game boots up. If it does, your hard drive is dead/dying. Yay! Way cheaper to fix than buying a new 360.
#4Aruezi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 7:39:02 AM
Ah, thanks for trying there Mr. Vegeta, but I'm afraid it just isn't working. Heh, what's worse is that it's starting to have trouble with other games as well.

Looks like it's time to bite to bullet and buy a new 360. Blarg. BLARG I SAY!
#5vegeta2002Posted 5/6/2012 1:50:02 PM
Well if my elite model ever dies, I'll have an excuse to buy a slim. One last bit of good news: windows 8 is supposed to emulate 360 as a standard feature. This next 360 is the last one you'll have to buy.