Shen Woo = MvC2 Juggernaut

#1vegeta2002Posted 10/15/2012 4:19:20 PM
KoF 13 is the first KoF game where I mained Shen Woo. I was a bit awkward with him at first, but he eventually becomes such a fun character to use. I couldn't place my finger on it until a few days ago: This guy is Juggie from MvC2

1. Falcon punches
2. Super Armor
3. Chips damage/Guard crush pressure game
4. Command throw
5. Power up!
#2TheArcadePosted 10/17/2012 6:10:04 PM
I never really liked his character or gameplay. But that is an interesting comparison and contrast. Both Juggs from MvC2 and Shen are bruisers.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#3chaoscatzeroPosted 10/17/2012 7:34:04 PM
More like shen=every hot blooded bruiser character ever.

Not that thats a bad thing in fact its a VERY good thing.

But yeah, his whole gimmick is CRUSH THROUGH EVERYBODY which is like THE JUGGENRAUT B****! in a way.

This help him in being tone of the best anchors in the game. Shen+ full drive and meter=everybody gets destroyed after one touch
#4meiji_99Posted 10/20/2012 9:39:17 AM
imo shen woo moveset wise is quite similar with makoto from sf iii ts.
#5chaoscatzeroPosted 10/21/2012 4:24:13 AM
like I said every hotblooded chracter

but with makoto?

They both have a chargeable dash punch
they both have a command grab
they both have a power up super
they both raise their fists to the sky in their ultra moves

yeah there' some similarities
#6vegeta2002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2012 2:28:27 AM(edited)
meiji_99 posted...
imo shen woo moveset wise is quite similar with makoto from sf iii ts.

Juggernaut predates Makoto (X-men vs. SF at least). I see the similarities in Makoto's movesets, but Shen is closer in play style (forward pressure + guard bypass). Juggernaut chip damages and Shen guard crushes. You'd lose a lot playing Makoto like that.

Shen's jumping blowback attack works exactly the same way as juggie's overpowered jumping fierce. It's the same offense: pin them down with jumping "fierce" attacks and then hurt them even if they're blocking.
#7marchefelixPosted 11/12/2012 6:41:53 PM
Shen isn't bulky and can actually pull off combos... so no
---
(U)MvC3 is a fighting game for plebs
#8KittySaladPosted 11/24/2012 1:15:43 AM
marchefelix posted...
Shen isn't bulky and can actually pull off combos... so no

That might be because of the fact that everyone has the same health in this game. His qcfx2+p is pretty dirty, though.
---
"Screw the warm and fuzzy feelings. I want my golden idol."-DoctorWenus
#9vegeta2002(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 1:45:51 AM
Juggernaut's bulky size was always offset by the hyper jump mechanic in every game he's appeared in. It doesn't affect the comparison. Not only does Juggernaut predate Makato, but so does Shen Woo.

I'm trying to think of the first popular fighting game character to use this "falcon punch", setup throw, chip damage/guard crush play style. X-men: CotA Juggernaut is as far back as I can go.
#10chaoscatzeroPosted 12/4/2012 11:04:28 PM
What move is juggernauts "falcon punch" again? I don't remember a move like that.