Bosses (possible spoilers)

#1EichiroNobunagaPosted 6/12/2011 6:55:45 PM

So far, it looks like we're going to have a Mummy and a Brainiac. Did anyone see anything else from the trailer that looked like a boss? The car seems like it would be a good basis for a unique ghost, but the ghost in it seemed too generic.

If anyone sees anything in a magazine or trailer of something, feel free to mention it here. I'm the nerotic kind who likes to list things beforehand, so this topic can serve just that purpose.

And please, NO ideas or "wishlist" ghosts. If you actually see something boss-looking, post it, but don't say anything like"I think their should be a pirate ghost that sails a giant ship or an astronaut ghost that shoots stars at you."

#2meatheadmarioPosted 6/12/2011 7:06:12 PM
King Boo would be a boss

Not a wishlist, it just seems too obvious.
---
I'll be tougher than the toughies and meaner than the meanies!
#3chestershadowPosted 6/12/2011 7:16:42 PM(edited)
EichiroNobunaga posted...
So far, it looks like we're going to have a Mummy and a Brainiac. Did anyone see anything else from the trailer that looked like a boss? The car seems like it would be a good basis for a unique ghost, but the ghost in it seemed too generic.If anyone sees anything in a magazine or trailer of something, feel free to mention it here. I'm the nerotic kind who likes to list things beforehand, so this topic can serve just that purpose.And please, NO ideas or "wishlist" ghosts. If you actually see something boss-looking, post it, but don't say anything like"I think their should be a pirate ghost that sails a giant ship or an astronaut ghost that shoots stars at you."

Would it be acceptable if I nominated the final boss ghost from find mii as an enemy in this game? His model fits the exact same art style that the ghosts in luigi's mansion have. If not as a boss, than maybe as a tougher enemy or even as a mini boss?
#4Alek64Posted 6/12/2011 7:32:48 PM
Its confirmed that the one in the car wasnt a portrait ghost. In a gameplay video of that level, it was just a ghost with 10 HP.
---
Dont let your mind wander, its too small to be out on its own
Goldeneye FC: 396181417375 Conduit 2: 4985-5290-0621
#5EmoglobinPosted 6/12/2011 8:39:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that both the mummy and the dude in the car are both just normal enemies.
#6W4tchPosted 6/13/2011 9:19:20 AM
Is it confirmed that the brown ghost is a portrait ghost? It seemed... generic.
---
FC: 2707-1468-2933 (Brawl)
#7JollyRogerDocksPosted 6/13/2011 6:03:28 PM
W4tch posted...

I dunno. It seemed to have way more HP than your average ghost, but I don't think it had 100 HP like a Portrait Ghost would have.
#8W4tchPosted 6/13/2011 6:23:16 PM(edited)
JollyRogerDocks posted...
W4tch posted...

I dunno. It seemed to have way more HP than your average ghost, but I don't think it had 100 HP like a Portrait Ghost would have.

Exactly what I thought. But the special event at the stairs... and the way it threw things... and the fact that it had high HP makes me think otherwise. I really hope he isn't, the human-cartoon looks from LM1 ghosts are what made them unique...

I just saw many people trying to pass off that as a fact, so that's what I asked.
---
#9JollyRogerDocksPosted 6/13/2011 7:02:15 PM
W4tch posted...
W4tch posted...

Exactly what I thought. But the special event at the stairs... and the way it threw things... and the fact that it had high HP makes me think otherwise. I really hope he isn't, the human-cartoon looks from LM1 ghosts are what made them unique...

I just saw many people trying to pass off that as a fact, so that's what I asked.

Was the ghost in the demo? If yes, maybe somebody who played it could tell us about its total HP.
#10W4tchPosted 6/14/2011 7:19:26 AM
W4tch posted...
W4tch posted...

Was the ghost in the demo? If yes, maybe somebody who played it could tell us about its total HP.

Yeah, the trailers that Reggie showed (and that are at the eShop) are the same thing that atendees demoed. I'd gladly pay for the demo if they ever put it in the eShop )':
From what I saw, the ghost "attacked" you at the stairs. It also had special music when you entered it's room and another little "event". This makes me think that it's "special" somehow? Hopefully I'm wrong but that's what it seems.

Comparing
The ghost with the highest HP of LM1 is the green one, the Garbage Can Ghost, which has 40 HP.

In this game:
The red ghosts (not the brainy-toadlike one) had 30 HP.
The brainy-toadlike ghost had 60 HP.

Here's a video of the gameplay with amazing audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFMWeDXHK9Y
---