1 more hour until digital! Or are you going physical? VOTE HERE!

#1iloveheavyrainPosted 3/23/2013 7:59:49 PM
Luigi physical or digital? - Results (545 votes)
Physical
70.09% (382 votes)
Digital
29.91% (163 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What's it going to be??

The convenience of buying it NOW, digital?

Or having a physical copy that is worth 80% or more in resale/trade, though you have to wait?
---
Luigi's Mansion 2 is GOTY 2013
#2BlueBombei2Posted 3/23/2013 8:02:21 PM
To me there is no extra value in physical. I don't trade or resell my games. Plus it's Spring break and I'm home. There is no Wal-Mart (or GameStop) for forty-five miles.
#3shakekingpwnerPosted 3/23/2013 8:03:36 PM
I'm going to go ahead and buy both the physical and the digital copy to ensure that I still have the game should I lose either one or the other. Sure there's going to be the issue of separate save files but ill cross that bridge when I get there.
#41benjyPosted 3/23/2013 8:07:05 PM
Wait so ya'll are happy to forfeit having a purdy looking box for your shelf and having to pay EXTRA money to have this benefit taken away from you? ^^
Physical copies cost less, and there's always websites selling games for cheap so who cares how far away your local store is XD
---
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people, Im just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out
3DS FC:4682-8775-8377
#5jbilly12Posted 3/23/2013 8:08:13 PM
Physical. I am going to sell it back to gamestop when im done. How else will they profit on games that they didn't put any creative effort into?
#6ChronoCactaurPosted 3/23/2013 8:09:11 PM
1benjy posted...
Wait so ya'll are happy to forfeit having a purdy looking box for your shelf and having to pay EXTRA money to have this benefit taken away from you? ^^
Physical copies cost less, and there's always websites selling games for cheap so who cares how far away your local store is XD

Yeah, I'm getting my copy for free from Amazon.
---
VideoGame Playthroughs: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
See quote for hardcore M&LSSS
#7BlueBombei2Posted 3/23/2013 8:10:07 PM
1benjy posted...

I drive a 2500HD 4x4. 50 miles away is $13.27 at current gas prices. Sooooo technically I'd spend $53.27 plus the tax on $39.99 for the game. No it's not cheaper even if the game is ten dollars off.
#8roo10158Posted 3/23/2013 8:14:07 PM
I like to own my games, so physical
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#9shakekingpwnerPosted 3/23/2013 8:16:02 PM
jbilly12 posted...
Physical. I am going to sell it back to gamestop when im done. How else will they profit on games that they didn't put any creative effort into?

Actually refunding the game hurts GameStop, or wherever you buy it, more than the producers. Game stores buy their stock from producers before they sell them so at that point Nintendo or whoever is already making money. When you refund the game, GameStop or whoever is giving you their money, not Nintendo's, so while you may think you're sticking it to Nintendo when you refund a game you're actually sticking it to GS. The only way you're going to hurt producers directly is if game stores get so much surplus from refunds that they're forced to sell back to producers, ET for Atari 2600 is a good example of this.
#101benjyPosted 3/23/2013 8:17:47 PM
BlueBombei2 posted...
1benjy posted...

I drive a 2500HD 4x4. 50 miles away is $13.27 at current gas prices. Sooooo technically I'd spend $53.27 plus the tax on $39.99 for the game. No it's not cheaper even if the game is ten dollars off.

Use your computor to purchase a physical copy online and have it sent to you. Or is that to hard?
---
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people, Im just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out
3DS FC:4682-8775-8377