Why are so many people going digital?

#1DarkECOJakPosted 3/24/2013 8:48:03 AM
It's a waste of memory, you don't get to own a physical copy, you can't lend it to friends, there's no option to trade it in when you're done, no means of adding to a collection and always the possibility that a future console/handheld might have compatibility issues later on.

There's absolutely no benefit to going digital aside from not wasting a few bucks in gas to to pick up a copy and the ability to feed into laziness.
---
Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U ID: Disasterrific
#2WillawesomenessPosted 3/24/2013 8:50:54 AM
Drop this argument. If you feel that way, then fine. But that doesn't mean that every one else does.
---
My willpower is so strong, that engaging me in casual conversation will crit you for over 9000.\
Pokemon Black FC: 0046-2969-6248
#3AlbinoGerbilPosted 3/24/2013 8:51:24 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
It's a waste of memory, you don't get to own a physical copy, you can't lend it to friends, there's no option to trade it in when you're done, no means of adding to a collection and always the possibility that a future console/handheld might have compatibility issues later on.

There's absolutely no benefit to going digital aside from not wasting a few bucks in gas to to pick up a copy and the ability to feed into laziness.

Convenience.

I prefer physical copies but use digital for older games or time killers.
---
3DS FC: 3781-0310-6225 (If you add me let me know so I can add you)
#4MATADOR480Posted 3/24/2013 8:51:32 AM
Willawesomeness posted...
Drop this argument. If you feel that way, then fine. But that doesn't mean that every one else does.

This.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#5garomastaPosted 3/24/2013 8:53:32 AM
- Don't really have that much space in my room and I don't want to fill that little with game boxes.
- No need to swap cartridges or decide what games to bring along on a trip.
- I rarely sell any games I've bought.
- Extra Club Nintendo points.
- It's ecological.
#6DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:54:11 AM
Willawesomeness posted...

I asked a question in the title and gave legitimate reasons for my argument. Truthful reasons, mind you. I'm genuinely curious. Somebody below mentioned convenience, but that still seems pretty illogical to me when you're spending 40 bucks on something you're not technically owning.
---
Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U ID: Disasterrific
#7xLexLuth0rxPosted 3/24/2013 8:54:15 AM
Why do you care? It's not a 'waste of money' to me, that's your opinion. I bought it digital for a few reasons:

1) Access to the game right at midnight in the comfort of my home
2) Always stored on my 3DS
3) No excess clutter to store somewhere

These topics are ridiculous because people like yourself seem fit to ridicule others for their choices. Enjoy your life and stop trying to dictate how others should enjoy theirs.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#8MATADOR480Posted 3/24/2013 8:55:06 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Why do you care? It's not a 'waste of money' to me, that's your opinion. I bought it digital for a few reasons:

1) Access to the game right at midnight in the comfort of my home
2) Always stored on my 3DS
3) No excess clutter to store somewhere

These topics are ridiculous because people like yourself seem fit to ridicule others for their choices. Enjoy your life and stop trying to dictate how others should enjoy theirs.

You are my hero.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#9dariusqPosted 3/24/2013 8:58:13 AM
I've personally never been fond of the digital version of games but I can appreciate that there is an option for those who do want it. As a collector though, yeah, physical all the way. Look at it this way though: good thing it isn't digital only. =)
#10YoshiWii1Posted 3/24/2013 8:59:29 AM
I always try to get a physical copy of all games. But if the game is old and is no longer sold in stores or is a very rare game. I have no choice but to download it.
---
Your old! Really? And your crazy! Get OUT!!!!!! Really!? Get out of my face! Mom!-Greatest Freakout Ever 25