Online play - stuck in a carpet

#1MattyXBPosted 4/7/2013 1:00:12 PM
Is this a glitch? I have played online a bit and walk through a door and then I am stuck in a carpet in front of a door, can't move anymore. I pressed every button, nothing helped.
Or must someone else help then? I have try anything.
---
Where can I change my sign - n00p
Check the FAQs - all
#2endergamer537Posted 4/7/2013 1:02:10 PM
MattyXB posted...
Is this a glitch? I have played online a bit and walk through a door and then I am stuck in a carpet in front of a door, can't move anymore. I pressed every button, nothing helped.
Or must someone else help then? I have try anything.

Someone has to help by sucking on the carpet's tassel.
---
Official Meta Knight with his Brobat
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1
#3MattyXB(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 1:03:08 PM
Ok, the problem was, the other guy has not know it, and we were only 2. Then the time ran out.
---
Where can I change my sign - n00p
Check the FAQs - all
#4LonelyGoombaPosted 4/7/2013 1:03:59 PM
keep shouting help

im sure theyll figure it out.
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#5Ultimate3DSFanPosted 4/7/2013 1:06:52 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...
keep shouting help

im sure theyll figure it out.

That would decrease their chances of helping.

Anyway, this is perfectly normal, it's known as a "carpet trap", according to those little hints that come up before you start a new floor. You have to suck up the tassel (thing on the end of the carpet) to free the player.
---
Been a Nintendo 3DS Owner/Ambassador since 3/27. 3DS FC: 2148-8143-8703, PM and I'll addja!
GameFAQs' #1 Impractical Jokers Fan! LARRY!
#6LonelyGoombaPosted 4/7/2013 1:13:44 PM
no, shouting help over and over is pretty much what people do when theyre stuck.
If someone shouts help over and over, they always come to help eventually ive noticed
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#7DanspurtPosted 4/7/2013 1:20:49 PM
Ultimate3DSFan posted...
That would decrease their chances of helping..

No. There's no notification of someone being stuck in a carpet so unless that someone calls for help every now and then, other players could only guess he's stuck if the map says he's standing still close to a door.

If you're stuck in a carpet or vase, call for help.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#8EgoMouse32Posted 4/7/2013 2:35:22 PM
Ultimate3DSFan posted...

Only if you don't like helping other people. If someone was yelling help, I would try to find him and help him, regardless of how many times he spammed the button; The button is there for a reason.
#9YoshisLumasPosted 4/7/2013 2:47:16 PM
See the scarescraper FAQ, has all...TRAPS O_O
---
"I Took Yoshi And your luma away From You!"-A random person
"Well I have Daisy. Trade You!"-YoshisLumas
#10Ultimate3DSFanPosted 4/7/2013 3:20:50 PM
Danspurt posted...
Ultimate3DSFan posted...

No. There's no notification of someone being stuck in a carpet so unless that someone calls for help every now and then, other players could only guess he's stuck if the map says he's standing still close to a door.

If you're stuck in a carpet or vase, call for help.

I meant that if you kept repeatedly spammed it. If you said it a few times, probably, but if you're fighting a powerful ghost that does a ton of damage easily (especially in the same room) and you're spamming "Help!", people might get annoyed.

I'd help, most of the time (depending of the person wants to "Help!" us progress, not just stand there) either way.
---
Been a Nintendo 3DS Owner/Ambassador since 3/27. 3DS FC: 2148-8143-8703, PM and I'll addja!
GameFAQs' #1 Impractical Jokers Fan! LARRY!