What this game needs to be perfect.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 4/24/2012 4:58:56 PM
1. Good Graphics, doesn't need to compete with RE:R, but it needs to have the Same amount of polish that the Galaxy series and 3D Land have. NSMBWii was underwhelming with its graphics, they could have been way better.

2. Power up Variety: Have a whole bunch of power ups, but make them each as useful for accomplishing goals. Have the raccoon suit let you fly over the course, while the Shell and Hammer suit could block attacks by hiding under their cover, and the boomerang suit could reach star coins that would regularly be out of reach (ala SM3DL). The fire flower could light torches to reveal hidden rooms and exits.

3. Outstanding level and boss design: I don't care if the same themes from NSMB and Wii return, but make them way more challenging than they actually were (Level 7 Star world Wii is what we need in the final world). Have 16 worlds, while the first 8 focus on Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings with Boom Boom and Pom Pom, while the second eight actually pit you against Bowser and bring back old bosses and enemies from previous games (Goomboss, King Bob-omb, Whomp King, Petey Piranha, Gooper Blooper, King Boo, King Caliente) I'd like to see how a lot of these bosses would transition to a 2D sidescroller.

4. Actual Multiplayer: I don't mean "Have you run through the same levels with 4 people instead of one", make a whole separate campaign with new levels that require actual Co-op to complete. Have the Ma and the Wa bros be your characters, Mario is the well rounded one, Luigi jumps the highest but has the least traction, Waluigi runs the fastest and jumps second highest, and Wario runs and jumps worse but takes one extra hit to compensate. Make them work together to solve puzzles by equally distributing weight or throwing each other up to higher platforms. I wouldn't suggest online though unless the Wii U has some sort of Report/Avoid function.

5. Expandable world map a la SMW: Have different exits, branches to different worlds and a whole slew of ways to navigate the map to the end goal.

Those would make the game a 9-10 for me, what would you want?

And yes this is almost a copy and paste from my other topic on the NSMB2 3DS board.
---
N3DS: 2578-3112-7023 GT: ParkourBoyBryan PSN: parkourboy16
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2gamestar3000Posted 4/24/2012 5:19:41 PM
Two words: Rainbow. Star.
---
Star Wolf... He can't let you do that...
#3AdmiralQballPosted 4/25/2012 4:18:05 PM
all that to be perfect and you would still only give it a 9/10?

1. I'm ok with
2. The more powerups the better as far as I'm concered
3. Great level design and difficulty arn't really the same thing. If they did the same as SM3DL I would be happy. And for bosses, I prefer fewer and simpler bosses, like Wii and 3dLand had.
4. I don't like that idea at all.
5. Eh, everyone seems to think the SMW map was so incredible, when it really wasn't. NSMBW had a decent map. I would just like them to be larger and have more mini-games/mini-stages.
---
Pearl FC 3909 4588 9972
White FC 0905 6248 6243
#4dking009Posted 5/13/2012 11:29:46 AM
"Good Graphics"
Graphics mean nonthing it the gameplay that matters
#5The_DOAMPosted 5/14/2012 7:14:51 AM
Since when does a Mario game fail at the gameplay department. Any other series I'd agree with you but this isn't any series it's Mario so graphics are rather important. I have full faith that the controls will be tight the gameplay will be fine and so forth.

I'd really like it if they animated the background to the extent of DK:R. You know insects, birds, generally wildlife and weather effects in the background. Also background interaction like for say instead of a lakuti one of Bowser's airships was firing at you in the far distance or instead of hatching Yoshi(If he's in) from an egg you'd have to spot him in the background(camo to color) and call him over to you in order to use him. Though I doubt they'd implement those things.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#6lowuwPosted 5/14/2012 5:08:36 PM
I agree with 16 worlds.
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/27/2012 8:11:56 AM
Celestial themed stages
#8parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 5:16:55 PM
dking009 posted...
"Good Graphics"
Graphics mean nonthing it the gameplay that matters

Usually I'd agree with you, most of my favorite games were not at the top of the graphical pyramid (Mirror's Edge removed of course), usually because they were on the Wii. But if Nintendo is making an HD console, I'm pretty sure about 90% of gamers would agree that they need to put a lot of effort into making them visually appealing also. Look at the Super Mario Galaxy games and tell me that they wouldn't be gorgeous with more shaders, a faster framerate. They would, because they were still made to look beautiful within the system's limitations. NSMBWii looked bland and uninspired because when the game was made, they didn't take full advantage of the system. The art style needs either an upgrading or an overhaul, because at this point, the only advantage of NSMBMii will be smoother textures. And at this rate, it looks like NSMB2 and NSMBMii/SMB4 will be following the bland art style of the previous 2 games.
---
Official Reconnaissance Urban Ninja of the KDF.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#9Emerald_MeliosPosted 6/4/2012 7:43:49 AM
It also needs remixes of the following music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJzc2lj3YdI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlpQk-3SOSQ
#10skawo93Posted 6/4/2012 9:30:39 AM
Level 7 Star world Wii

Levels designed in 10 minutes by copying over areas with lots of enemies in them?
---
Error displaying signature.