Just something interesting I learned about NSMB games and rehashes...

#11trenkenPosted 6/15/2012 8:51:47 AM
mr_metalhead666 posted...
There's barely any difference between the NSMB games.

Same graphics, story, gameplay, horrible music and there's just nothing new.

Earlier Mario titles had new features and gameplay and they were exciting and fun.

Have fun explaining that to nintendo fanboys. They seem to have no idea what was so amazing about those old games, and how different they each felt from each other at the time.

Now they just all blend together, dont try to do much thats new, are not very creative and overall just knockoffs of the old games. They wont admit that and just pretend these are as amazing as Mario 3 and World were when they came out. lol
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#12TerotrousPosted 6/15/2012 12:00:43 PM(edited)
trenken posted...
Lame is what it was. Decent excuse though. I'll give you a C for effort. But the entire time I played that game, it felt painfully generic to me. It did not feel all shiny, special and unique like the older mario games did, games that Miyamoto engineered. Well he's not doing that anymore and just advising, while lesser designers have more control and spend their days trying to remake what he did 20 years ago. Thats why the games feel so lame and generic now.

Did you actually play multiplayer in either game? If it was lame, I feel sorry for you, you must have lame friends. My friends don't even play games much and it was still a blast. Ground-pounding the others to steal Yoshis, scrolling the screen too fast so they die, and throwing people into pits are all great fun, and it's also very accessible since basically everyone has played Mario at one point or another.

trenken posted...
Now they just all blend together, dont try to do much thats new, are not very creative and overall just knockoffs of the old games. They wont admit that and just pretend these are as amazing as Mario 3 and World were when they came out.

No, NSMBW clearly doesn't have the same impact as SMW did, and it's probably not quite as good as a single player game either. I actually felt the original NSMB was a pretty terrible game (its level design is bad and lacks challenge) whose multiplayer mode was its only redeeming feature. NSMBW is also a decent single player game, and the multiplayer is even better.

NSMB has basically become like Mario Kart. Yes, we get one per system and they're all pretty similar. However, they're still fun and they're great for multiplayer, which is enough of a reason to keep buying them.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Low G Man"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#13DaisyfanboyPosted 6/15/2012 1:36:24 PM
Terotrous posted...
R2BDSi posted...
Here's where your point fails, unlike those games, the 4 NSMB games are all generic, play it safe, dull, and offer nothing that makes them stand out visually, or orginal like the other games from the 90's. SMB2 was not even considered a Mario Bros. game, but a japanese game of which it's name I can't think of.

NSMBW isn't generic, name another platformer with competitive multiplayer.

It's actually an extremely unique party game.

LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#14Dark_LawlPosted 6/15/2012 2:37:51 PM
Daisyfanboy posted...
Terotrous posted...
R2BDSi posted...
Here's where your point fails, unlike those games, the 4 NSMB games are all generic, play it safe, dull, and offer nothing that makes them stand out visually, or orginal like the other games from the 90's. SMB2 was not even considered a Mario Bros. game, but a japanese game of which it's name I can't think of.

LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2

LBP is pretty overrated.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#15MrSpacelySlatePosted 6/15/2012 3:30:52 PM

Pure BS in its cleanest form.

It is generic. You have to be blind to not see it.

Also, Rayman Origins and Kirby Return To Dreamland are what NSMBW should have been.
#16pokemega32Posted 6/15/2012 3:42:06 PM(edited)
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Also, Rayman Origins and Kirby Return To Dreamland are what NSMBW should have been.

So, NSMBWii should have made all four players share lives, made three of the characters unable to complete certain puzzles, and force everyone to die if player 1 dies?
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#17slykirbyPosted 6/15/2012 6:21:45 PM
^^^^
Your second point is rather irrelevant considering the fact that you could swap characters instantly in Return to Dreamland.
---
I don't like the koopalings get over it
#18gamestar3000Posted 6/15/2012 6:39:06 PM
^ I dare you to go to the NSMB2 board with that sig, sly
---
http://backloggery.com/gamestar3000 - My backloggery thingy.
#19PaperDolphinPosted 6/15/2012 7:04:06 PM
gamestar3000 posted...
^ I dare you to go to the NSMB2 board with that sig, sly

I wonder what xxdiculousxx has to say to that :p
---
3DS FC: 4296-3066-7290
#20YoshieriderPosted 6/15/2012 7:04:54 PM
NSMBW managed to finally bring about the return of solid 2D platformers. I thought the multiplayer was fantastic, though calling it competitive is a little odd when I've always played it cooperatively. It takes a lot of coordination to progress with 3+ people, and I found it fun to try and manage people who barely knew what they were doing.
I don't have a PS3, so I can't play LBP. I'm guessing it wasn't as good, considering that no-one really talked about it after it came out. Haven't played Rayman Origins or the new Kirby game, but I probably will eventually, once I can get others to join in.
It would be nice to play a really good 2D platformer that's just single-player.
---
I never "lol".
I do however, "laugh out loud".