Nintendo's conservatism is ****ing disgusting.

#1Toadster9001Posted 6/19/2012 10:17:15 PM
Why is Bowser still the villain?
Why is Peach still being kidnapped?
Why do they keep rehashing the same environments?
Why are two generic Toads playable over Wario and Waluigi?
Why is the soundtrack composed of low quality MIDIs?
Why does this game lack online play?

Seriously, the art style doesn't bother me at all, it's how formulaic the franchise has become. The Mushroom Kingdom has such a diverse group of characters, and all they do is shove the SMB3 cast down our throats. Where are Wario, Daisy, Wart, and Tatanga? Don't even get me started on the RPG characters. So much wasted potential.
---
Nintendo 5-Star Leader
http://z6.invisionfree.com/N5S/index.php
#2DaisyfanboyPosted 6/19/2012 10:43:51 PM
And yet somehow, there will still be users who find their way to this topic and try to defend this series.
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#3gamestar3000Posted 6/19/2012 11:34:13 PM
because it's nintendo... They took the "new" out of the series after NSMBW. I dunno

inb4highexpectations
---
Alright Daisy, since you wanna keep hitting me, LET'S BEYBLADE!!!! - Me playing mario and sonic london, dream discus, daisy keeps ramming me
#4hyliamanPosted 6/19/2012 11:46:45 PM
Don't get the problem with Bowser and Peach. Bowser's the big bad indestructible beast, and Mario's arch nemesis, and he's smitten with the Princess. It's his goal. So kidnapped peach isn't going anywhere ever... but I wouldn't mind seeing a new villain just once, but it's nothing to complain about.

But the rest of it's pretty bad...

...well I'm not sure I'd want online co-op in a platformer either. It's terrible in Little Big Planet, and I'm sure it would be terrible in Mario. Too many impatient pre-teens race for the finish no matter how far behind you are.
---
Complaints have a purpose. One voice becomes one hundred becomes one thousand. Enough common complaints among a crowd is sure to reach it's intended target.
#5Iggy_KoopaPosted 6/20/2012 12:04:11 AM
hyliaman posted...
Don't get the problem with Bowser and Peach. Bowser's the big bad indestructible beast, and Mario's arch nemesis, and he's smitten with the Princess. It's his goal. So kidnapped peach isn't going anywhere ever... but I wouldn't mind seeing a new villain just once, but it's nothing to complain about.

But the rest of it's pretty bad...

...well I'm not sure I'd want online co-op in a platformer either. It's terrible in Little Big Planet, and I'm sure it would be terrible in Mario. Too many impatient pre-teens race for the finish no matter how far behind you are.

I'm going to have to push the Wario Waluigi thing out as well. Wario's distinguished himself with his own series, characters, and style; moreso than Yoshi ever did. Why shoehorn him in to fit in with Mario...I'm surprised people haven't wished for Donkey Kong yet, who is in the same situation. Surely people could come up with better characters than Wario and Waluigi.
#6TMW001Posted 6/20/2012 12:50:14 AM
Toadster9001 posted...
Why is Bowser still the villain?
Why is Peach still being kidnapped?
Why do they keep rehashing the same environments?
Why are two generic Toads playable over Wario and Waluigi?
Why is the soundtrack composed of low quality MIDIs?
Why does this game lack online play?

Seriously, the art style doesn't bother me at all, it's how formulaic the franchise has become. The Mushroom Kingdom has such a diverse group of characters, and all they do is shove the SMB3 cast down our throats. Where are Wario, Daisy, Wart, and Tatanga? Don't even get me started on the RPG characters. So much wasted potential.

He's a timeless classic we don't need no greenhorns stepping in.
Plot but his scheme always are part of Peach being kidnapped.
Agree would like more unique worlds.
Wario has his own series, he has no need to cling onto a Mario game (unless spin off), and last I checked most fans hated Waluigi and didn't want him to ever appear in a mainstream Mario game.
how many songs in this game have you heard so far?
Ask the devs but the whole leaving messages in a worlds are kinda intersting but I hope theres an option to turn it off so your not ruined on surprises a world could contain.
#7sdatPosted 6/20/2012 4:10:10 AM
hyliaman posted...

Mario isn't purely co-op though. Killing players by scrolling them off the screen is a legitimate strategy!
#8DanspurtPosted 6/20/2012 4:39:33 AM(edited)
Wario and Waluigi are of the way wrong posture. Their hitboxes would be too different. Wario is not 1x2 squares, he's more 2x2. And Waluigi, if straightening his legs, is 1x3!

Now, Peach would probably make a good playable character, if only Bowser could have some other goal for once.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#9FrankulaPosted 6/20/2012 11:09:37 AM
Wow at people defending Bowser/Peach...

Super Mario RPG had an awesome plot that involved bowser yet he wasn't the villian.

There are plenty of ways you can have a mario game with a more interesting plot and contain bowser and peach (look at super mario bros 2!)

I'm starting to appreciate super mario bros 2 more and more. NSMB SUCKS.

(yes i know SMB2 was originally doki doki panic, thats not the point so don't focus on that fact)
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#10tuznecotePosted 6/20/2012 11:28:57 AM
Super Mario RPG had an awesome plot that involved bowser yet he wasn't the villian.

Yeah but it did help that he was actually hilarious and the game was heavily scripted due to being an rpg.