Favorite among all the 2D Mario games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. U
  3. Favorite among all the 2D Mario games

User Info: Solid_SOAP

Solid_SOAP
4 years ago#1
Between all of the main 2D Mario series games, which is your favorite? All of which being:

Bros. (SMB1, SMB2, SMB:LL, SMB3)
World (SMW, SMW2: YI)
Land (SML1, SML2)
NSMB (NSMB, NSMBWii)

Between World and NSMBWii, I find it hard to choose. I know the NSMB franchise is a bit revered by fans, but honestly NSMBWii is some of the most fun I've had playing a 2D Mario yet. Multiplayer is always a ton of fun to play, the secret paths and warps add great replay value (as do the Star Coins and secret world), the little mini-games that levels occasionally have make it fun to explore and take your time (Jumping on Bullet Bills for infinite 1-ups, Red Coin challenges, etc), etc. I don't remember loving the first game all too much, but NSMBWii is always a load of fun to play alone or with friends, and NSMBU looks of similar quality.

Super Mario World has a lot of nostalgia for me too, with the world map that houses dozens of secret levels, worlds, exits, etc (That I'm happy to see NSMBU trying to replicate). I haven't played it in a number of years, but to my recollection it is my favorite among the classic games.

User Info: gamestar3000

gamestar3000
4 years ago#2
3,wii,and world. never touched land
Alright Daisy, since you wanna keep hitting me, LET'S BEYBLADE!!!! - Me playing mario and sonic london, dream discus, daisy keeps ramming me

User Info: FierceDeity1026

FierceDeity1026
4 years ago#3
Definitely World and Wii.

The first Super Mario Land was the weirdest Mario game ever (even more than SMB2!). Exploding Koopas? o.O

User Info: TheOmegaShen

TheOmegaShen
4 years ago#4
SMB3 and SMW. I don't really like the NSMB games...
Non-specific action figure for Smash Bros Wii U!
Just call me Shen ;)

User Info: SullyTheStrange

SullyTheStrange
4 years ago#5
Out of those groups:

SMB3
SMW
SML2
NSMBWii

My favorite overall would probly be SMW.
All's fair in love and war, kid.

User Info: Megabest39

Megabest39
4 years ago#6
1) SMW
2) SM3
3) SMWii

I always choose old games over new, but if this is supposed to replicate SMW i think this may be my favorite!
3DS FC: 3351-4060-7398 XBOX: C Bears24
PSN: XxNerdByChoicexX "I mostly play Vita and PS3"

User Info: Knuckles07

Knuckles07
4 years ago#7
NSMBW for me.
Current Addiction: TALES OF GRACES

User Info: PaperDolphin

PaperDolphin
4 years ago#8
Yoshi's Island by far
NSMB DS is 2nd
3DS FC: 4296-3066-7290

User Info: R2BDSi

R2BDSi
4 years ago#9
For me it's between 3, World, and Wii

User Info: DrRM

DrRM
4 years ago#10
I cant chose between lost level and land, both are my favorite :)
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. U
  3. Favorite among all the 2D Mario games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived