I think I know why the difficulty hasn't spiked yet.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 6/23/2012 7:07:11 PM
These games are built to be played in multiplayer up to 4 people. I think people would tear their hair out if they tried to play 4 players with the Difficulty of something like DKC Returns.

Does this seem like a reasonable explanation? Obviously its not the only one, but I think it's one of the main reasons these games haven't gotten significantly more difficult.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2SullyTheStrangePosted 6/23/2012 7:13:26 PM
That's part of it, probably, but a small part. The main reason is definitely just that Nintendo wants to keep the game accessible to everyone. They don't make games solely for hardcore gamers that love sadistic challenges.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#3wiiking96Posted 6/23/2012 7:21:12 PM
Different difficulty settings would be an easy solution.
---
Official "Quote" of the SSB Wii-U board. http://i.imgur.com/tSh2y.jpg
People who like Cave Story: 7
#4SullyTheStrangePosted 6/23/2012 7:29:45 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Different difficulty settings would be an easy solution.

It's not as easy as you'd think... Real difficulty in a platformer comes from level design, so you'd need to design new levels for each difficulty setting. There are simple ways of increasing difficulty (throw in more enemies, make power-ups less common), but those are cop-outs.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#5Dragonflame323Posted 6/23/2012 8:08:11 PM
I really liked the difficulty in DKCR. That was a treat.

Though the latest Mario games do seem relatively easier than in the past, we know they still got it in 'em (World 9 in NSMBW, The Perfect Run, etc). Hopefully they don't lose their touch, and continue to make interesting level design.
#6FISSIONMAILEDGFPosted 6/24/2012 4:07:35 AM
The difficulty hasn't increased because Nintendo still wants the game to be accessible to all ages which I can't blame them for, but at the same time it does kinda limit what they can do.
---
PSN ID FISSIONMAILEDGF Xbox Live FISSIONMAILED43
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=FISSIONMAILEDGF&
#7SpunkySixPosted 6/24/2012 7:50:07 AM
FISSIONMAILEDGF posted...
The difficulty hasn't increased because Nintendo still wants the game to be accessible to all ages which I can't blame them for, but at the same time it does kinda limit what they can do.

Yeah. Think about if Nintendo didn't have to sell their games, just make them for free. They'd be able to do so much more.
---
Gearmo, I know cleanliness is important, but for the love of all that is holy, WHY must I do it in 30 seconds???
#8FISSIONMAILEDGFPosted 6/24/2012 1:13:14 PM
SpunkySix posted...
FISSIONMAILEDGF posted...

Yeah. Think about if Nintendo didn't have to sell their games, just make them for free. They'd be able to do so much more.

That's not what I'm saying at all, and what you said makes no sense. When I say accessible for all ages, I mean in terms of difficulty. Nintendo wants kids to be able to jump into it without too many problems, while still having it be fun for all ages. But for the older crowd, that's where the "World 9" and all the bonus worlds come for an added challenge. The price of the game has nothing to do with it and I think you need to reread what I said.
---
PSN ID FISSIONMAILEDGF Xbox Live FISSIONMAILED43
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=FISSIONMAILEDGF&