1 thing bothers me too much...

#1yoshiyo187Posted 6/24/2012 8:40:16 PM
The way Mario runs in these NSMB games
Why the hell does runs with his arms out back and with his head way out front?

Does he want to be Sonic or Inuyasha or something?

Atleast in SMW it was subtle and it made sense since he
glides a little when he jumps while running at full speed
---
http://i.imgur.com/Jj9C8.jpg
Jinkies!
#2gamestar3000Posted 6/24/2012 8:47:13 PM
That run is practically bound to show up in anything made by japan
---
Alright Daisy, since you wanna keep hitting me, LET'S BEYBLADE!!!! - Me playing mario and sonic london, dream discus, daisy keeps ramming me
#3SullyTheStrangePosted 6/24/2012 9:08:11 PM
Yeah, I've always always always hated that. It looks like he's running at the speed of light when he's going 5 miles per hour. Just stupid.

Good thing Nintendo recycles every single animation for every single NSMB!
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#4gamestar3000Posted 6/24/2012 9:33:17 PM
SullyTheStrange posted...
Yeah, I've always always always hated that. It looks like he's running at the speed of light when he's going 5 miles per hour. Just stupid.

Good thing Nintendo recycles every single animation for every single NSMB!

Hyperspace background would be hilarious
---
Alright Daisy, since you wanna keep hitting me, LET'S BEYBLADE!!!! - Me playing mario and sonic london, dream discus, daisy keeps ramming me
#5HeroFromKryptonPosted 6/24/2012 10:01:24 PM
The arms spread bit isn't so bad, it's just that he leans forward like some ninja anime character that seems so out of place for Mario.
#6McmadnessV3Posted 6/24/2012 10:21:24 PM
If I recall correctly it has something to do with the air flowing through your body while your running that enhances your speed or something.

I don't remember exactly.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#7gamestar3000Posted 6/24/2012 10:42:30 PM
McmadnessV3 posted...
If I recall correctly it has something to do with the air flowing through your body while your running that enhances your speed or something.

You actually run faster straight up than leaning over
---
#8R2BDSiPosted 6/25/2012 4:22:19 AM
That would be an awsome throw back to see the characters run like SMW.
#9Jammy_BleachedPosted 6/25/2012 8:49:16 AM
McmadnessV3 posted...

Aerodynamically, it is actually faster to run with your body straight up and your arms swinging as they 'cut' through the air.
#10SpunkySixPosted 6/25/2012 9:37:58 AM
R2BDSi posted...
That would be an awsome throw back to see the characters run like SMW.

It would. Remember though, Mario, for a mushroom world person, is running pretty fast. Just look at how slow goombas and koopas move. Also, he has to pull off some pretty wicked jumps, so maybe leaning over prepares him for that, like he's prepared to put all his forward momentum into his jumps.
---
Gearmo, I know cleanliness is important, but for the love of all that is holy, WHY must I do it in 30 seconds???