What if Nintendo....

#1SF_BombPosted 7/2/2012 8:46:44 PM
Pulled a Megaman 9/10 and make a new 8-bit game of any of their franchises? A new 8-bit Mario?Zelda?Kirby?Kid Icarus?
#2jneal57Posted 7/2/2012 9:22:34 PM
i would thoroughly like this.
#3SpunkySixPosted 7/3/2012 7:16:02 AM
SF_Bomb posted...
Pulled a Megaman 9/10 and make a new 8-bit game of any of their franchises? A new 8-bit Mario?Zelda?Kirby?Kid Icarus?

Because I for one like the current art styles much better than 8-bit. There's a reason 8-bit graphics stopped being used, and it's because they generally look bad in comparison to what we have now. They still have their place, but this isn't it. I mean, Megaman 8-(is it eleven now?) would've looked so much cooler with modern graphics. Capcom, in my opinion, needs to move on in Megaman (12?) and use better graphics, that is, if they don't kill him first.
---
Gearmo, I know cleanliness is important, but for the love of all that is holy, WHY must I do it in 30 seconds???
#4Solid_SOAPPosted 7/3/2012 8:03:33 AM
I would love a sprite based game that actually made an effort to look good, but aside from the All-Stars version of Mario 3 the classic Mario games really don't look that great today.
#5uhohjonahPosted 7/3/2012 8:52:05 AM
I wouldn't like an 8 bit Zelda revival, but I would like a new 2D Zelda
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.9
#6SpunkySixPosted 7/3/2012 9:14:45 AM
uhohjonah posted...

Yes! Minus it's stupidly frustrating difficulty, Zelda 2 was the best one to play for me.
---
Gearmo, I know cleanliness is important, but for the love of all that is holy, WHY must I do it in 30 seconds???
#7Mirror_AuraPosted 7/3/2012 10:29:12 AM
"Because I for one like the current art styles much better than 8-bit. There's a reason 8-bit graphics stopped being used, and it's because they generally look bad in comparison to what we have now. They still have their place, but this isn't it. I mean, Megaman 8-(is it eleven now?) would've looked so much cooler with modern graphics. Capcom, in my opinion, needs to move on in Megaman (12?) and use better graphics, that is, if they don't kill him first."

Mega Man 8 was on the PS1. Mega Man 9 and 10 were downloadable and had graphics similar to those found on the 8-bit consoles, specifically the NES.

There is no Mega Man 11, and I doubt Capcom will make Mega Man 12 either. The series is essentially dead at the moment. Capcom has a habit of milking a series through rehashes, and when they sent out MM10 shortly after 9 without much effort, it had less sales. Capcom noticed they couldn't pull a Street Fighter 2 on it, and so they stopped making extra 8-bit MM games.

Of course, the actual problem that they aren't putting effort into the games, which causes the lack in sales... but companies would rather blame it on marketing or gamers.

And BTW, it is not established that 8-bit-esque graphics look worse than modern game graphics. Most arguments on this subject are ill-formed. I can at least say that no one went into million-seller games like SMB and Zelda 1 thinking "this is good not but it will be obsolete as soon as game graphics are better". In fact such a thought would be ridiculous, PCs had much better graphics at the time (NES was seen as backwards in comparison to PCs). So please don't talk about 8-bit graphics being bad, that's completely and objectively false.

"Yes! Minus it's stupidly frustrating difficulty, Zelda 2 was the best one to play for me."

its*

And FYI, many of us can beat Zelda 2 without a game over. There's nothing frustrating about the game, lol. Better designed than any modern Zelda game.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#8SpunkySixPosted 7/3/2012 12:57:48 PM
Hey, Mirror, please don't be an *******? I said multiple times that it was just my opinion. You can disagree with it, but do so respectfully. As for the its thing, I'm not a dumb***. I know, I made a mistake, but I can't edit posts yet so I can't fix it. Also, I find Zelda 2 hard. I'm sorry I'm not perfect like you are.

Seriously guys, wasn't that just a little bit rude?
---
#9Mirror_AuraPosted 7/3/2012 3:10:30 PM
"Hey, Mirror, please don't be an *******? I said multiple times that it was just my opinion. You can disagree with it, but do so respectfully. As for the its thing, I'm not a dumb***. [...]"

Why are you using asterisked-out curse words in response to me? I wasn't disagreeing with your "opinion". You made several inaccurate statements, including the implication that MM8 did not have "modern" graphics (an undefined and vague statement at best, which you made while being ignorant of the game's status as a PS1 title). You also implied that Mega Man wasn't already dead, and well, we all know how that's going. You also got the numbering wrong on MM8-12 (there is no 11 or 12).

Did you even read my post, or are you trying to make it seem like I insulted you when I was just trying to help?

"Seriously guys, wasn't that just a little bit rude?"

Yes. Your post certainly was. Don't do it again. I'm a human with feelings too, you know. And unlike you, I research facts before I state them.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#10StephenYap3Posted 7/3/2012 3:22:08 PM
SpunkySix posted...
uhohjonah posted...

Yes! Minus it's stupidly frustrating difficulty, Zelda 2 was the best one to play for me.

Agreed. Zelda 2 is the best, though I never found Zelda 1 very hard.
---
"Every rain drop holds a memory...of you" - Stephen Yap