Old News: Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games

#21Christopher BelmontPosted 10/6/2012 12:15:09 AM
Nintendo isn't changing the formula because 20 years later it STILL WORKS. Sales figures don't lie and neither does the smile on my face when I play these games, alone or with friends.

I understand people want something new. And that's cool! But we aren't limited to New Super Mario, are we? Mario Galaxy? Paper Mario? Are those not new enough?

Seems to me like we get a fair mix of new and nostalgic from Nintendo.
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!
#22SpunkySixPosted 10/6/2012 9:33:24 AM
Christopher Belmont posted...
Nintendo isn't changing the formula because 20 years later it STILL WORKS. Sales figures don't lie and neither does the smile on my face when I play these games, alone or with friends.

I understand people want something new. And that's cool! But we aren't limited to New Super Mario, are we? Mario Galaxy? Paper Mario? Are those not new enough?

Nostalgia has to be used properly to work. Besides, the games you listed aren't 2D main series games, so no, they don't count. They can do new things and still have a spirit of nostalgia. It's called balance, and right now their scales are very uneven.

Sales figures only work because not enough people actually care about the series enough to demand a change or not buy the game full price. I'll buy this one because it looks like fun, but sales figures are an awful gauge for quality. Psychonauts says hi.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
#23BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 10/6/2012 9:38:44 AM
The only reason New Super Mario Bros. Wii should sell more than Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Rayman Origins is that it is simply more well-known. Other than that, it's inferior to both these games.
---
Baby Luigi>All
#24kingjam1Posted 10/6/2012 2:22:05 PM
Am I the only one who read the title as Nintendo sees no danger in rehashing numerous Mario games?
---
Can't think of anything
#25GundamChaoPosted 10/6/2012 2:57:49 PM(edited)
Mario Galaxy? Paper Mario? Are those not new enough?

It's about time for another Paper Mario game. Super Paper Mario on the Wii was wonderful. They just need to take that game, make it even more RPG-like, and not get sloppy on the platforming like SPM did (I noticed the horrible jumping and lack of feedback).

Just wanted to put that out there. I feel like Nintendo isn't daring enough when it comes to Mario. It's always the path of the classic Marios, or the path of Mario 64, or the path of Mario playing sports, or the path of Mario Party, or the path of Paper Mario. I know it sounds like those are many categories, but they all get stale (save Paper Mario, for now) when done over and over again like this! The people behind Mario should try to think of a different way to do Mario. Think it can't be done? Think again; Sonic's done it a million times over.

There are always ways to be innovative if you have the guts to do it. Mario has no faith in its fans to try an atypical Mario, is what it is.
---
http://wallpaperscraft.com/image/squirrel_red_furry_forest_1085_preview.jpg
^Squirrels rule.