If you could talk to the developers of the NSMB series . . .

#21SpunkySixPosted 10/6/2012 8:26:48 AM
The Hero Of Time posted...
"Say, guys, I know your games are popular and successful enough for you to make massive amounts of money and all, but there's a vocal minority on message boards who don't like you guys since you don't design the games the way they want you to! You should cater to their needs, rather than just try to make a good game!"

Except that's not what they're doing. Oops.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
#22RidleyTheOmegaPosted 10/6/2012 8:41:06 AM
Iggy_Koopa posted...
IggyKoopa1224 posted...
"Say, guys, I know your games are popular and successful enough for you to make massive amounts of money and all, but there's a vocal minority on message boards who don't like you guys since you don't design the games the way they want you to! You should cater to their needs, rather than just try to make a good game!"

That made me laugh.

Ditto. I genuinely laughed at this one.

ALT! ALT! ALT!
---
Ridley is awesome, don't deny it: http://i.imgur.com/ftGIe.jpg
Do you want Ridley playable in the next Smash Bros? Heck Yes: 53 Heck No: 15
#23Iggy_KoopaPosted 10/6/2012 8:41:42 AM
SpunkySix posted...

Except that's not what they're doing. Oops.

To whose standards?
#24MamaLuigi64Posted 10/6/2012 9:08:32 AM
Just change the art style and don't worry about making some changes and it will be perfect!
---
If you have Twitter, you can Fallow Mario_Trivia for some strange Mario facts! : https://twitter.com/Mario_Trivia
#25IggyKoopa1224Posted 10/6/2012 9:20:26 AM
MamaLuigi64 posted...
Just change the art style and don't worry about making some changes and it will be perfect!

Best username ever.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/iJerseyDevil
#26MuTeKiKenPosted 10/6/2012 9:26:22 AM
Keep up the good work. Oh, and this matters for a few like me so add these two as playable characters if you can:
http://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mgtt_wario_waluigi.jpg
---
Currently playing - A game for hardcore fans only
#27Iggy_KoopaPosted 10/6/2012 1:07:53 PM
MamaLuigi64 posted...

Yeah a lot of people's complaints are merely cosmetic. Different backgrounds makes a world of a difference to most.
#28ReptobismolPosted 10/7/2012 1:27:04 PM
I used to take Spunky seriously on the NSMB2 board because that was an objectively bad game, but he's been irritatingly whiny and/or negative here. But then he's but part of a larger group of people that denounce a game on cosmetics alone.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#29LeftyGreenMarioPosted 10/7/2012 1:29:50 PM
"Did you know Super Mario Land 1 & 2, official Nintendo Mario games, existed back then?"
---
Every time I post, Wario gets killed. Also, Mario > Luigi.
BabyLuigiOnFire is my sister.
#30SpunkySixPosted 10/8/2012 1:41:34 PM
Reptobismol posted...
I used to take Spunky seriously on the NSMB2 board because that was an objectively bad game, but he's been irritatingly whiny and/or negative here. But then he's but part of a larger group of people that denounce a game on cosmetics alone.

Since when? I'm completely against people who judge based on graphics/art style alone. That's idiotic.

And please, tell me, how is it whiny to point out that certain parts of the game aren't shaping up to be what I feel is up to par? Are you really telling me that so far the maps, general creativity, certain design choices, playable characters and bosses all look as good as possible? Because if you are, then I disagree.

Lastly, I've been overwhelmingly positive about world themes being new, the squirrel suit, story, and overall level design based on the videos I've seen. Heck, I've defended this game's graphics numerous times. I even made a topic about how good they looked.

Where have you been?
---
Tissues to the extreme!