Can you play 2 player with the Wii U tablet and Wii remote?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. U
  3. Can you play 2 player with the Wii U tablet and Wii remote?
4 years ago#1
Last night my wife and I wanted to play this game. I had the wii u tablet controler and the Wii u gamepad. Wouldn't let us both play. So I spent $40 on a Wii remote today. Still won't let us play.

Do I really have to spend $80 to play this game or am I missing something.
4 years ago#2
Look at your instruction manual
IM BUYING THE WII U........YOU? JUST STAY NORMAL ^_^
4 years ago#3
u sound like my wife.
4 years ago#4
BoSSMaCC posted...
Look at your instruction manual
I don't even know
4 years ago#5
you have to use a wii remote not the pro controller. When you select a save file, it'll ask you if you want to do one person with a wii u tablet or 1-5 with wii u tablet and wii remotes. Or if you're already on the game map, you can just simple click plus and click add player
4 years ago#6
I'm also a little confused with multiplayer. My gf and I are trying to play, but I only have the Wii-U tablet controller and one Wii-mote. Do I seriously have to have two wii-motes plus the tablet for two people to play?
4 years ago#7
As I said in the other topic, the game pad (the one with the screen, not the Pro Controller) can only be used to control a character in single-player. If you're using Wii Remotes, the game pad can only be used as Boost Mode (that is, to create blocks.)
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
4 years ago#8
Look... as dumb as it sounds, Nintendo kinda figured most of the people getting a Wii U would have had a Wii and a few Wiimotes with it... So... again, dumb as it seems, they expected you to have the stuff needed to play the game already...
4 years ago#9
masterchefbkw posted...
I'm also a little confused with multiplayer. My gf and I are trying to play, but I only have the Wii-U tablet controller and one Wii-mote. Do I seriously have to have two wii-motes plus the tablet for two people to play?

All you need is 2 Wiimotes for 2 people. The tablet is just for Boost Mode.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
4 years ago#10
I wish they'd just ditch the wiimote altgother, even though it would mean me having to replace them. It feels so terrible and dated playing a "next gen" game with a terrible d pad and basically 2 buttons. Not to mention how bad the actual grip of the wiimote is compared to a real controller.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. U
  3. Can you play 2 player with the Wii U tablet and Wii remote?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived