self-imposed challenges on an easy game don't make it not an easy game
#22GoldenEye8686(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:09:19 PM
Illuminoius posted...

Agreed.
---
Youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#23KaishouPosted 1/26/2013 11:52:25 PM
Most gamers probably have a hard time judging the overall difficulty of a Mario game nowadays. The problem stems from how experienced most gamers are with these types of platformers. I can vouch from watching my sister play through this game that it isn't the easiest game ever made. She is brand new to platformers and struggled greatly as the game progressed onwards.

Seriously, if you want a hard wake up call when it comes to challenging content -- try the challenge modes. Without hyperbole I can say this mode ranks up with the likes of Super Meatboy in difficulty. Getting a gold rating on all of them will take some practice and commitment.

As for the game not rewarding the player personally for clearing the challenge modes... I only have this to say; what the hell is wrong with gamers this generation. If the game doesn't explicitly reward you for content than its not worth doing? Whatever happened to beating it because it's there. I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I got the gold on all those challenges... I didn't need the game to pat me on the back and reward me with some useless achievement.
#24sdatPosted 1/27/2013 2:17:49 AM
Illuminoius posted...

Using the P-Acorn prevents you from flooding Miiverse with nonsense, which is the true challenge of New Super Mario Bros U.
#25SpunkySixPosted 1/27/2013 6:37:11 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Illuminoius posted...

Agreed.

This is absolutely true.

That said, does anybody have any reason this game is hard or easy? Preciseness of jumps needed, sense of urgency and need for reflexes in level design, tricky enemies... examples?

Otherwise this is all just subjective conjecture that doesn't really amount to anything.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Goof Troop has the bloopinest bloop.
#26skawo93Posted 1/27/2013 8:14:04 AM(edited)
SonicVsMarioX posted...
TooTooP2 posted...
Bloody hell, come on Nintendo, put some challenge in it!

*Goes back to Mario Galaxy 2*

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Umm.... Galaxy 2 hard? Please close the topic you are embarrassing yourself. This game is much harder than both galaxy games.

Go and beat those games 100% again. Mario Galaxy's purple coin missions and Mario Galaxy 2's Star World, not only put the NSMB games to shame but they're also a lot more creative and original.

Yes, Super Mario Galaxy's 2 Star World is SO ORIGINAL my sides hurt.

Dat Mario Galaxy rehash level
Dat Sunshine rehash level
Dat another Galaxy rehash level
Dat Galaxy boss rush.

And, please, purple coins aren't original. It's the first thing anyone'd do if they didn't have an idea how to make a mission. "Hmm, put things that you have to collect all over the place".
---
Error displaying signature.
#27TalicusPosted 2/6/2013 12:42:13 PM
Toadster9001 posted...
Challenge Mode disagrees with you.

---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.
#28SonicVsMarioXPosted 2/7/2013 10:34:50 PM
Yes, Super Mario Galaxy's 2 Star World is SO ORIGINAL my sides hurt.

Dat Mario Galaxy rehash level
Dat Sunshine rehash level
Dat another Galaxy rehash level
Dat Galaxy boss rush.

And, please, purple coins aren't original. It's the first thing anyone'd do if they didn't have an idea how to make a mission. "Hmm, put things that you have to collect all over the place".

NSMB's Star Worlds were just more ordinary looking levels from previous worlds. While SMG2 Star World had unique levels like flip out, rolling coaster and perfect run galaxy, it's other chunk of levels were tributes to past Mario games with slight differences (like the new "slow down time button" in the old stone cyclone galaxy). There's not to much change but hey it's something at least.
---
My New Mario Kart Wii U Roster
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/SVSMX/mk8.png
#29starrkPosted 2/7/2013 11:37:36 PM
Get a friend and grief each other. That's what this series is all about.
---
The bigger the lie, the more they believe.