Digital download version: Wii remote control lag?

#1Aaron44126Posted 1/19/2013 3:45:12 PM
I posted about this before but dug up a little more info.

I'm wondering if anyone else who has the digital download version stored on Wii U system memory (not a USB drive). If so, do you experience control lag when playing with the Wii remote?

When I'm playing single player with the Wii remote, it never fails, after 3 to 5 levels the control starts lagging very noticeably. If I switch to using the gamepad instead, the lag is gone.

Before you say anything, it's not my TV. The lag is still present if I'm just looking at the gamepad display.

Tried with a regular Wii remote and a "Wii remote plus," same issue.

Today I plugged in a 32GB USB flash drive and copied the game over to that. Played for about an hour and a half on the Wii remote with zero issues. Seems fixed (but I'm not going to trust it completely until I play a bit more).

So, I'm wondering if it is somehow related to where the game resides. Seems nuts to me that it would have trouble with the game on internal memory, but it is what it is.

Also wondering if anyone who has the digital download version and has tried this (Wii remote single player with the game on internal memory) has the same problem or not... Or if you could test it and see if the issue pops up.

Since I am able to reproduce it easily, seems like it should be at least a somewhat known issue, yet searching online turns up near nothing. Though I figure most people have the physical disc version.
#2MARl0Posted 1/19/2013 10:37:58 PM
Never had any problems like that. It's always played flawlessly with the Wii Remote for me (download version obviously).
---
Currently playing: Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge (Wii U)
#3The_shoemakerPosted 1/19/2013 10:57:29 PM
I haven`t noticed any problems either, try deleting and redownloading.
---
Check out the amazing band "ESCAPE THE FATE" right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Me9nPk5ro
#4furykiddPosted 1/20/2013 1:52:24 PM
I haven't had problems with this game...but when I play virtual console games on my wii I also notice significant controller lag.

This issue began around the time the wii u was released. Up to that point, I have never experienced issues with controller lag when playing virtual console games.