The P-Acorn?

#1TheGodDestroyerPosted 1/20/2013 9:54:33 PM
I've started this game just tonight and beat the first two worlds, and so far I'm having a ball with it. It's great to see Yoshis return and the Acorn Mushrooms are pretty neat (if a bit tricky to use at first).
But enough about me digging this game - I know the New Super Marios Bros. series (and most Mario games in general these days) have something that prevented you from getting Sparkly/Shiny Stars on your File by dying too much, and apparently it's the Super Guide for this game again. However, does the P-Acorn have the same effect? It may sound stupid to think so due to how I got it, but I'm not sure - it looks similar to the Super Racoon Leaf in Super Mario 3D Land, in terms of making you sparkly constantly, which kinda makes me think it might (I used it already to see what it was). I tried to search this up, but I couldn't find very reliable information about it.
#2Knuckles07Posted 1/20/2013 11:19:22 PM
No, using the P-nut doesn't punish you, since you have to actually do something in order to get them.
---
Current Addiction: TALES OF LEGENDIA
#3VidgmchtrPosted 1/21/2013 2:30:40 AM
No shiny stars in NSMBU. :3

Use the P-Acorn to your heart's content. Just don't utilize Super Guide.
#4TheGodDestroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 1:33:23 PM
Knuckles07 posted...
No, using the P-nut doesn't punish you, since you have to actually do something in order to get them.

Alright, very cool, thanks!

Vidgmchtr posted...

Yeah, I'll avoid that like the plague (like I've been doing in the other Mario titles it's in), lol, and thanks! But if they're aren't any Shiny/Sparkly Stars in this game, how does using the Super Guide penalize you this time?
#5Turbo_TRexPosted 1/22/2013 8:31:02 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...

Untrue, Stars CAN be shiny in this game, just don't use or even see the Super Guide.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#6SpunkySixPosted 1/23/2013 3:42:50 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...

I love this.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#7CarefreeDudePosted 1/25/2013 3:18:24 PM
Turbo_TRex posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...

Untrue, Stars CAN be shiny in this game, just don't use or even see the Super Guide.

Whether you use super guide or not, the stars will always have a shine to them that appears every few seconds.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#8VidgmchtrPosted 1/25/2013 6:41:31 PM
Turbo_TRex posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...

Wrong. I stayed away from Super Guide the entire time.