When do you think "New" Call of Mario Bros. U 5 is coming out?

#18-bitMegamanPosted 1/30/2013 5:51:39 PM
I expect a 2014 release, since 3D Mario is in development and will come out soon.
---
Across the highest mountains, into the endless seas, our journey ever onwards fight until we all be free
#2roo10158Posted 1/31/2013 11:43:08 AM
They said they'd only make one per system
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#3McmadnessV3Posted 1/31/2013 1:37:54 PM
6 or 7 years from now, whenever the wii-u's successor comes out.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 1/31/2013 7:33:47 PM
roo10158 posted...

Technically releasing both "New super Mario Bros." and a 3D Mario Bros is already breaking that rule anyway.

You can only bend the word "spinoff" so far before it snaps, and simply declaring that a game that's based on the exact same gameplay concepts that the original Super Mario Bros. games were based on (and which the 3D games directly evolved from) is the point at which the word snaps and you're officially full of s***.

Plus there were 2 3D Mario games on the Wii.
#5SpunkySixPosted 1/31/2013 8:21:50 PM
Tomorrow. It's a 2D sidescroller with a focus on Wario's booty jiggle, as he is the main villain and gets the power to smack people in to oblivion with his rear.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 2/1/2013 6:03:12 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
roo10158 posted...

Technically releasing both "New super Mario Bros." and a 3D Mario Bros is already breaking that rule anyway.

You can only bend the word "spinoff" so far before it snaps, and simply declaring that a game that's based on the exact same gameplay concepts that the original Super Mario Bros. games were based on (and which the 3D games directly evolved from) is the point at which the word snaps and you're officially full of s***.

"Technically speaking" nothing. There never was, and never will be, two NSMB games on a single system. NSMB was the only NSMB released on the DS. NSMBW is the only NSMB on the Wii. NSMB2 and NSMBU will be the only NSMB game on the 3DS and Wii U respectively. There's nothing "technical" about it.

And BTW, NSMB isn't a spinoff. Mario Party is a spin-off. NSMB is a main game title.
#7SpunkySixPosted 2/1/2013 10:43:00 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
roo10158 posted...

"Technically speaking" nothing. There never was, and never will be, two NSMB games on a single system. NSMB was the only NSMB released on the DS. NSMBW is the only NSMB on the Wii. NSMB2 and NSMBU will be the only NSMB game on the 3DS and Wii U respectively. There's nothing "technical" about it.

And BTW, NSMB isn't a spinoff. Mario Party is a spin-off. NSMB is a main game title.

You're right. That's why it's okay to put NSMB themes and enemies in every game that comes out for Mario... they're spinoffs, not NSMB, so it's totally not just the same thing over and over again.

Good news guys, PMSS wasn't just New Paper Mario Bros, and 3D Land wasn't just New Super 3D Mario Bros, they were COMPLETELY unique, not generic at all things because Ahnold said so! Thank the Star Spirits for his wisdom!
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...
#8AhnoldDoodPosted 2/2/2013 1:49:10 AM(edited)
^ How unique the titles are is friggin' irrelevant. The argument was about if NSMB is a once-a-console series (which it is). Learn to freaking READ.
#9AhnoldDoodPosted 2/2/2013 2:03:55 AM(edited)
I also find it cute how you think there's such a thing as "NSMB themes". In case you've been living under a rock, all of NSMB's themes originated from SMB3 (except the forests and Ghost Houses, which came from SMW). And 3D Land and Sticker Star are the same as NSMB? Wow, complaining about games you didn't play. How sad.

And BTW, I barely recall any NSMB enemies in 3D Land, and the only NSMB enemy I remember in Sticker Star is Broozer.
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 2/2/2013 9:14:15 AM
I'm getting kind of tired of all the 2D / 3DS Mario platformers lately. When a 3D Mario comes out (64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2), it's generally a big event where the games feel rather unique. These 2D ones just kind of all feel the same, or rather uninspired.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage