Mario Bros. U vs. Rayman Origins

#41LeftyGreenMarioPosted 2/18/2013 8:06:46 PM
Vegeta1000 posted...
MarioMan847's opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. The guy thinks NSMB2 is a good game.

I think it's a good game, but an incredibly bare, uninspired, soulless one compared to most Mario games.
---
Every time I post, Wario gets killed. Luigi is the darling of the Mario twins, but people still think he needs more attention.
BabyLuigiOnFire is my sister.
#42canton kidPosted 2/19/2013 6:41:58 AM
for multi player rayman origins, me and my wife played and it never felt like she was hindering me, if anything she would help me get out of tricky situations

for single player i like new mario bros... its a slower game and genarally i find the levels more fun

but both are amazing... and my answer could easily change depending on what day it is :)
---
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546
#43crowe_1Posted 3/5/2013 7:01:04 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Origins is by far the better game. Tighter Controls, More fun Multiplayer (The fact that you don't bounce of eachothers heads and there is no life system to worry about or powerups to hoard makes it a lot more fun and a lot less rage inducing) to play. The really good music and visuals help it even further.

I disagree with this concerning Rayman Origins. I haven't gotten around to starting NSMBU yet, but I thought NSMBWii had much more responsive controls that Rayman, and it was way easier to get Mario to do what I wanted.

The multiplayer in NSMBWii was also more enjoyable as a co-operative experience, largely because of the head-jumping that allowed access to hard-to-reach areas. Auto-bubble was innovative and made it so poor players did not have to hold back the group. In Rayman it felt like the extra players were just kind of there so that I could respawn if I died. Not much interaction unless someone was intentionally trying to be a douche.

Also, all of the levels in NSMBWii seemed to revolve around a different environmental mechanic or powerup; Rayman Origins, while great, seemed to rely more on its (absolutely beautiful) visuals to create level variety, and did not push variety as much as far as level design goes.

So I preferred NSMBWii to Rayman Origins (on 360). Have NSMBU but haven't started it yet. I did really enjoy Origins all the same, and Legends looks to be even better in terms of co-op so I was really miffed that it was delayed. Still, for Rayman vs Mario, I give it to Mario. Perhaps Legends will change my mind.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#44StephenYap3Posted 3/6/2013 12:24:54 PM
crowe_1 posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Origins is by far the better game. Tighter Controls, More fun Multiplayer (The fact that you don't bounce of eachothers heads and there is no life system to worry about or powerups to hoard makes it a lot more fun and a lot less rage inducing) to play. The really good music and visuals help it even further.

I disagree with this concerning Rayman Origins. I haven't gotten around to starting NSMBU yet, but I thought NSMBWii had much more responsive controls that Rayman, and it was way easier to get Mario to do what I wanted.

The multiplayer in NSMBWii was also more enjoyable as a co-operative experience, largely because of the head-jumping that allowed access to hard-to-reach areas. Auto-bubble was innovative and made it so poor players did not have to hold back the group. In Rayman it felt like the extra players were just kind of there so that I could respawn if I died. Not much interaction unless someone was intentionally trying to be a douche.

Also, all of the levels in NSMBWii seemed to revolve around a different environmental mechanic or powerup; Rayman Origins, while great, seemed to rely more on its (absolutely beautiful) visuals to create level variety, and did not push variety as much as far as level design goes.

So I preferred NSMBWii to Rayman Origins (on 360). Have NSMBU but haven't started it yet. I did really enjoy Origins all the same, and Legends looks to be even better in terms of co-op so I was really miffed that it was delayed. Still, for Rayman vs Mario, I give it to Mario. Perhaps Legends will change my mind.

My goodness, I seriously agree with this.
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#45ThatGuyZPosted 3/6/2013 2:57:54 PM
8-bitMegaman posted...
Rayman Origins. No contest.

---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#46PaladinAlikPosted 3/6/2013 7:47:42 PM
Mario U >>>>>>>> Rayman origins all day long. cannot get into rayman, its not horrible its just not for me. Mario is tried and true and I love it everytime i play.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#47DarkAdonis123Posted 3/7/2013 5:26:16 AM
It's hard to say. But NSMBU will still eclipse any other platformer that gets released on Wii U.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#48wiiking96Posted 3/7/2013 6:43:02 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
It's hard to say. But NSMBU will still eclipse any other platformer that gets released on Wii U.

Har har. That's a good one.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#49DarkAdonis123Posted 3/7/2013 7:56:02 AM
wiiking96 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Har har. That's a good one.

I wish it were a joke, I really do.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#50FredCat07Posted 3/8/2013 6:02:54 AM
Mario Bros. U - and yes, I tried both Demo at Gamestop, Bros. U had done better than Rayman.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif