mario is boring these days

#1SectionX2Posted 2/7/2013 12:22:21 AM
no more mario for a few years please.
#2FunkyKong84Posted 2/7/2013 2:51:06 AM
True. I'd rather see a really good 3D Mario in 2014 or even 2015 rather than see the same old recipe in 2013...
---
MKW rooms: 5414-1751-1872, bikes: 2321-8230-2740
karts: 2193-9930-0913, 3DS: 1762-2720-2528
#3MarioMan847Posted 2/7/2013 9:19:37 AM
Mario's never been boring, and still isn't. They just need be a little less frequent with releases.
---
Video games are awesome.
#4RazieruPosted 2/7/2013 7:24:04 PM
SectionX2 posted...
no more mario for a few years please.

Yeah, because only MarioMan here is content with the same remedial platforming, kidnapped princess, remedial difficulty, flat out laziness, and sheer lack of creativity each Mario game is rife with (especially the New Super Mario Bros. games).

Every new Mario game is essentially a NSMB 2 - a garbage and utmost lazy ass romhack. The only Mario games worth mentioning and remembering are from the NES/SNES days.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#5MarioMan847Posted 2/7/2013 7:27:21 PM
I think you forgot that Galaxy 1 and 2 are the most critically acclaimed games of all time.
---
Video games are awesome.
#6MarioMan847Posted 2/7/2013 7:52:46 PM
Oh yeah, and you forgot about The Lost Levels. That game was the epitome of rom hacks, and it came out in the precious, phenomenal, great, fantastic NES days.
---
Video games are awesome.
#7RazieruPosted 2/7/2013 7:58:50 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Oh yeah, and you forgot about The Lost Levels. That game was the epitome of rom hacks, and it came out in the precious, phenomenal, great, fantastic NES days.

Good point. Except nowadays, there's NO excuse for that practice to be done again, let alone be praised at all with your precious NSMB 2 which is a chip off that old block, dear. Yet, you gasm miserably over it.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#8MarioMan847Posted 2/7/2013 8:02:23 PM
NSMB2 is a playable, well designed game.

The Lost Levels isn't.

See the difference?
---
Video games are awesome.
#9RazieruPosted 2/7/2013 8:05:26 PM
MarioMan847 posted...

The Lost Levels isn't.

See the difference?

Horrible. Try again. Also, think before posting your next post. Research, not ignorance, helps as well.
---
#10DrunkenWhalePosted 2/9/2013 9:46:32 AM
MarioMan847 posted...

The Lost Levels isn't.

See the difference?

I fail to see where the same music, the same graphics, essentially the same engine, the same cast of enemies, and the tacked on incentive of collecting a million coins without taking away the whole overdose of extra lives gained from collecting just 100 coins means that the game is well designed.

Give me a new mechanic that doesn't revolve around making sure I never see the game over screen even if I intentionally try to do so.

Give me a different end goal than the same flagpole over and over - like perhaps cards or a gate, or heck something new...

Give me a game where sure it starts out easy but gets more difficult as the game goes by to the point where I need extra lives and I'm not just farming them for the aesthetic no-hat "reward".

Give me a new set of world themes - sure some can be the same but add new twists with them...

Give me music that isn't rehashed over and over for the same levels and the same worlds.

Give me bosses that are not just a generic koopaling fight that can be over in three hits - that I can hit the moment they pop out of their shells...

Give me a different art style... Not the same models with a noticeable sheen to them they've been reusing...

To be honest, I'm not bored with Mario, I'm just bored with the New Super Mario Bros series because although the first one gave me that feeling of NEW, the rest have been like - "Remember this?" and have been so similar to each other that you have to wonder why did they even put "NEW" on the title when there is ALMOST nothing NEW about it?

It's because of this I'm looking into making a fan-game... And at the very least looking forward to this new 3D Mario title.