mario is boring these days

#11SpunkySixPosted 2/9/2013 2:59:53 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
I think you forgot that Galaxy 1 and 2 are the most critically acclaimed games of all time.

Don't look now but Galaxy 2 was way more unique than any NSMB sequel.

Also, LL was the exception back then, not the rule.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#12MarioMan847Posted 2/13/2013 10:56:53 AM
Well, alls I'm saying is that if Lost Levels was originally barred from other countries, clearly they did SOMETHING wrong there. On the other hand, people have collected 600 billion coins worldwide in NSMB2. Pretty sure the coin gimmick went well then, and guess what? It's new.
---
Video games are awesome.
#13ARTEMlSPosted 2/13/2013 12:40:56 PM
Wario Land says hi.
---
You won't find adobe here in Nairobi.
#14kingjam1Posted 2/14/2013 11:30:08 AM
MarioMan847 posted...
Well, alls I'm saying is that if Lost Levels was originally barred from other countries, clearly they did SOMETHING wrong there. On the other hand, people have collected 600 billion coins worldwide in NSMB2. Pretty sure the coin gimmick went well then, and guess what? It's new.

it was barred because it was too difficult for Western gamers not because it was a glorified romhack.
---
Can't think of anything
#15MacrossSpecialPosted 2/16/2013 11:49:39 AM
Ive been sick of Mario since n64. I heard that the subsequent ones were fun, but the ip bores me.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#16Wedge_TornadoPosted 2/19/2013 9:05:33 PM
if the games are boring i have a solution

don't play them

don't rag on people who enjoy the series and say they need to wait years for the next installment

the nerve and stupidity of some people is amazing

mario is making money too so of course they're going to keep making games
#17DiogladiusPosted 2/20/2013 10:05:03 AM
More Mario imo. Also there's a Mario action game in the works that's supposed to be a whole new formula then what were used to seeing.
#18CrazyMechaPosted 2/26/2013 9:27:23 AM
MarioMan847 posted...

This. Sort of....

NSMB2 may not be new but at least it didn't do anything wrong with the level design. Lost levels on the other hand, is almost intentionally designed to frustrate players. It's ridiculous at times.

None of these are good but I'd rather play a rehash with a new gimmick here and there than something stale and barely playable.
---
3DS friend code: 3453-9857-4262
#19xxxxxnPosted 2/27/2013 3:38:55 AM
I want to see a real Paper Mario sequel on the WiiU this year or the next. No Super Paper Mario type of gameplay and not another game like Sticker Star. Make it play like Thousand Year Door.