Does anyone else feel that Walugi appearing in a non spinoff game . . .

#1wiiking96Posted 3/4/2013 7:15:22 PM
Would feel kind of forced and awkward?

I mean, with him being basically non-existent to the canon of Mario for so long, it would seem rather out of place for him to make a sudden appearance out of nowhere. He's basically been established as a character for the Sports, Kart, and Party games. It wouldn't really make sense for him to appear in a Luigi's Mansion game because he's not really Luigi's rival; just a random guy that occasionally antagonizes Luigi when they play sports. He might as well be a hobo that Wario took pity on and convinced the rest of the gang to let him in on the fun.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2G-Force88Posted 3/4/2013 7:58:27 PM
The only reason you think this is because he hasn't been in anything else. I mean, just look at Wario. He's supposed to have a rivalry with Mario, but the only time that was ever relevant was when he was the bad guy of Super Mario Land 2. And yet nobody ever questions it.

All it would take is one platformer, or RPG, or a Luigi's Mansion, or even a Wario game, to use Waluigi decently well, and then he'll be considered a much better character.
---
Just imagine that you see some really funny quote here.
#3wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 8:04:51 PM
G-Force88 posted...
The only reason you think this is because he hasn't been in anything else. I mean, just look at Wario. He's supposed to have a rivalry with Mario, but the only time that was ever relevant was when he was the bad guy of Super Mario Land 2. And yet nobody ever questions it.

Wario isn't even depicted as Mario's rival anymore; he never really was to begin with, just one of many villains Mario faced. Wario then immediately got his own game and eventually two entire series.

Waluigi has had years to make his jump, but he still hasn't, and just abruptly doing it at this point would feel forced.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#4Adamario_129Posted 3/5/2013 12:36:32 AM
Personally, I think not appearing in main series games is a fundamental part of Waluigi's character. If he ever had any actual relevance, he would cease to be Waluigi. Waluigi is a creepy loser who can't do anything right and maybe isn't supposed to exist. And that's what I love about him.

Someone on another forum I go to compared the four of them to hot dog toppings. Mario is ketchup: Popular with the masses and generally unoffensive, though you can get sick of it after a while. Luigi is relish: Not quite as popular as ketchup, but has a lot of really strong fans. Wario is mustard: Loud, brash, smelly, not for everyone but really good if that's your thing. Waluigi is grape jelly: You don't put that on a hot dog! ...but you could... if you really wanted to...

I could be okay with him being in an actual game, but it would definitely change his character significantly, and not necessarily for the better.
---
"An apostrophe does not mean 'uh-oh, here comes an s.'" - Dave Barry
#5MarioMan847Posted 3/6/2013 12:34:35 AM
This is exactly why I've never complained about there being two toads as playable characters.
---
Video games are awesome.
#6cucumberkingPosted 3/6/2013 10:19:00 AM
I just wish Waluigi would be forgotten.