If this ends up being the HD Majora remake *instead* of a new Zelda...

#11the_jedi_ValoPosted 5/9/2014 2:27:29 PM
Yes because I have a MM on N64 and GC, and I am currently on the great bay temple in MM on GC (havent touched it in about a a month and a half due to the end of snowboard season and also bought a wii u).

Dont get me wrong, I love MM. It is arguably the best Zelda, but I want a new Zelda game. I already own MM, and I will buy it again if I have to (just to get the best version of it) but I would prefer a new untold Zelda legend
#12AbnegationBrettPosted 5/9/2014 5:25:18 PM
sketchturner posted...
Would you be disappointed? Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, and that HD trailer was never proven to be fake. Even so, with how amazing it looks, I think I'd be disappointed not to be getting a new Zelda game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqdwT2pKYzY

What are your thoughts?

I want both, but I wouldn't be too disappointed.
---
3DS FC: 0602-6770-2271 Dream Address: 4400-2184-2666 I have a Grass type Friend Safari
I'm always up for a game of Kid Icarus Uprising. It's HAMAZING. ;)
#13t 002 TyrantPosted 5/9/2014 6:43:31 PM
While a MM remake (that doesn't try and muck things up by adding in "Termina = Lorule" or other such rubbish) would be great, that video... is not what I'd like to see. It lacks the charm of MM and instead manages to both feel too over the top and too soulless all at once.
---
"If humans don't want me, then why did they create me?"
- Naomi Armitage
#14Lethal13Posted 5/10/2014 8:18:33 AM
Except it won't be, it's a new game. Nintendo have said that multiple times

Sheesh
#15TerraPhantomPosted 5/11/2014 10:12:58 AM
This game won't be a MM remake. At the most, I could see it being set in Termina
#16BreckenDuskPosted 5/11/2014 11:10:38 AM
That looks more like a movie trailer than a zelda game.
#17asbsandPosted 5/11/2014 11:29:47 AM
But what now if it was an MM sequel? They still haven't announced MM3D or HD despite of various hints and fanservice they've been giving for the past two years, and considering the latest Zelda was a sequel to ALttP they might do the same again.

But how lame wouldn't it be to have a new Zelda where the story is in Termina and the moon's evil twin brother is crashing down because the curse of Mojaru's mask has been set loose or some BS rehash like that? I really, really hope the new Zelda can stand completely on its own without feeling too "been there, done that" for old fans.
---
As a gamer, I've been spoiled by Ace Attorney, Mass Effect and the Zelda games. Why aren't all games this good!?
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3323-8264
#18fluffy_kinsPosted 5/11/2014 12:10:52 PM
Hmm. I dunno. I recently replayed MM and was thinking of all the ways it could benefit from a remake, and there are quite a few. I personally would be okay with it (mostly because I know MM is a good game and I'm not that confident in Nintendo to make a new Zelda game that's actually good anymore) ...but I'm sure many wouldn't.
---
"damn, it's like a disco ball's in front of my face!" -chris redfield
#19sketchturner(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2014 12:24:18 PM
Goombacrusher posted...
It was outright stated to be fake by the guy who made it, in fact

My mistake. Last I knew nobody had come forward to take credit for it.
---
My top 5 games:Metroid Prime 2:Echoes, Shadow of the Colossus, Donkey Kong Country 2, TimeSplitters 2, Trackmania:Build to Race
#20TpaulHPosted 5/11/2014 3:07:13 PM
Yeah, I'd be bummed. I LOVE Majora's Mask, don't get me wrong. But I've been so hyped about the new Zelda U, and all the interviews and the info we have so far suggest something brand new, that all that hype and excitement would feel like it got kicked in the face, thrown on the ground, driven over by a train, dumped off a cliff into a vat of boiling lava, and then blown up by a tank.

Although, I'd get Majora's Mask HD and enjoy the crap out of it. I would be disappointed though.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1564-3493-9447
I play Pokemon Y, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Harvest Moon: ANB mostly :)