I'd like to see Epona's abilties (or whoever the horse is) be expanded upon

#21LabinskyPosted 6/12/2014 3:26:03 PM
Link's abilities, and especially Epona's, have usually been fairly down-to-earth and haven't been extremely conspicuously magical. Your idea isn't that far out though.
#22aLINKtothePANTSPosted 6/12/2014 3:42:34 PM
It would be nice if Epona could kick enemies that got too close.
Something I noticed in the trailer is that she started to get restless and was rearing up when that monster appeared. It seems like she will be able to warn you of danger nearby.
#23SilfalasPosted 6/12/2014 3:46:27 PM
Let's not have "Epona" but generic horses. You can equip armor to them and some other nifty things to increase their usefulness but you have to take care of them. If they die on the overworld that's it, you have to get a new horse from zero. You could also get better breeds and stuff. That way you can get a better connection with your horse which is a key element for an adventurer.
#24FakeSmashPosted 6/12/2014 4:11:51 PM
Silfalas posted...
Let's not have "Epona" but generic horses. You can equip armor to them and some other nifty things to increase their usefulness but you have to take care of them. If they die on the overworld that's it, you have to get a new horse from zero. You could also get better breeds and stuff. That way you can get a better connection with your horse which is a key element for an adventurer.

I was actually thinking about something along these lines. But also I think it would depend a lot on what kind of narrative the game has.
---
Isaac for Sm4sh
#25epona_the_horsePosted 6/12/2014 5:16:47 PM
I learn something new everyday
#26ZLn13Posted 6/12/2014 5:22:04 PM
How do we know that's epona? what if its bill or some other name. If epona's hair got dyed black then lulz!
---
3ds FC: 2148-8148-7848
Greninja is a sword user and you know it!
#27friend123Posted 6/12/2014 6:30:22 PM
A chain gun attached to the top of the horse....No wait, scratch that. I would rather have a bottle holder. Like a cup holder, but instead holds your bottles.
---
It all makes perfect sense as long as you don't think about it. "Hulk touch bad man, like bad man touched Betty."
#28LabinskyPosted 6/12/2014 6:47:26 PM
ZLn13 posted...
How do we know that's epona? what if its bill or some other name. If epona's hair got dyed black then lulz!

IT'S BILL THE PONY!
#29wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 8:38:42 PM
friend123 posted...
A chain gun attached to the top of the horse....No wait, scratch that. I would rather have a bottle holder. Like a cup holder, but instead holds your bottles.

Wait - were you able to drink potions and whatnot while riding on Epona in Twilight Princess?
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#30wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 7:30:30 AM
bump
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!