Anyone sick of Zelda games 5 year old difficulty?

#41garlog64Posted 6/26/2011 11:48:23 PM
BadDecisions posted...
You know who was hard? Gyorg from Majora's Mask. It like... actually took dexterity, and I was not prepared at all for that. If I was playing Devil May Cry or something, we'd be fine, but my hands were accustomed to Zelda at that point, so the stubby little buggers couldn't move very fast.

Not really. Gyorg is just shoot with arrow, don Zora Mask, swim to stunned fish and drive-by electrocute, jump back onto center platform, repeat.
---
"It would be more ship friendly if it was a port, amirite?" Ultima_Ratio on shipping in OoT 3D
Royal Weapons Smith of the OoT 3D board
#42kiwikushPosted 6/28/2011 11:21:50 PM
I always thought Zelda was more about the puzzles, trying to figure out the dungeons, learning how to get to the next step... than fighting rouge baddies.

Albeit, it'd be nice if the bosses were more difficult. But, I prefer the puzzle over the combat in my Zelda games, so if the difficulty were to be raised, for me it has nothing to do with more or less hearts, or tougher or easier bad guys. It'd be more about upping the puzzle difficulty. But, that requires a lot more work than to simply make baddies do more damage.

For the record, I didn't find the Prince of Persia Trilogy to be any more difficult than any Zelda game (except the bosses in the third one...). And at least you're threatened by death, unlike the ridiculous 360 PoP!
---
Girls can play too.
#43AnoulethPosted 6/29/2011 6:42:48 PM
kiwikush posted...
I always thought Zelda was more about the puzzles, trying to figure out the dungeons, learning how to get to the next step... than fighting rouge baddies.

Then clearly, you have never played the classic Zeldas that established the series. Zelda was originally more of an action RPG rather than "puzzles", but for some reason after Ocarina of Time, suddenly the focus was on "puzzles" rather than killing stuff with a sword.

This is all because Tezuka and Miyamoto (who worked on the first Zelda games) became producers and Eiji Aonuma took over direction. All that Aonuma had worked on previously was a pretty unsuccessful puzzle game called Marvelous. If you look up Marvelous gameplay videos, you will instantly recognise the influence it had on modern Zelda games: there is lots of talking to NPCs and fetch quests and no fighting. It is like being in the starting village of Twilight Princess forever!
---
I love Seth. And Titania. And Marcus. All those great already promoted EXP drains they force to take up a lot on your team.
#44richhboPosted 6/29/2011 8:58:07 PM
if they make it to chalengeing then no one would want to play it
#45tlalynet0Posted 6/30/2011 9:23:19 AM
Zelda 2: Adventures of link for the win :)

My favorite LoZ to date, and definitely not 5 year old difficulty.

Jump slashes where a little overpowered in that game though, if you didn't use jumpslashes iron knucles where very hard.