I Think 5 years is a waiting time we will not have to endure this time

#1SkyloftPosted 6/23/2011 8:26:35 PM
Sure it took Skyward Sword 5 years to develop, but there were a lot of obstacles in it's development time such as:

-Implementing motion + properly
-likely development delays due to Spirit Tracks being made at the same time
-They probably purposely delayed it to holiday season because Nintendo needs a holiday title
-New art style
-They're trying to make a new formula so the series doesn't grow stale

There were a couple other things that caused SS's long development cycle that I can't quite recall at the moment.

Now let's look at Zelda Wii U:

-Chances are it has already entered very early development stages as development on Skyward Sword is pretty much finished.
-It's already on Miyamoto's mind
-There might be a new Zelda 3DS game in development, which could cause a small delay in the development
-The developers are likely already or getting familiar with the tech because that tech demo was impressive

That's what we know and what we can infer so far. Now let's make some comparisons to past Zelda tech demos:

-The tech demo for N64 was shown in 1995, OOT released in 1998, that's only 3 years
-The Game cube tech demo was shown in 2000, WW was released 2003, that's only 3 years

With all this info I think a logical conclusion for the release of Zelda Wii U would be roughly 3 years. 4 years if there is a 3DS zelda game which takes aways from Zelda Wii U's development.
---
"Skyloft. Awesome name. Way better than Skyrule. 10/10" ~ Arcvalons
Minister of Board Relations of the Skyward Sword Board
#2PerascaminPosted 6/23/2011 8:28:22 PM
I think we will have a 4 year waiting time. Still a while, but better than 5 years.
---
Thief of the Zelda woo board.
The PS Vita is going to have AT&T 3G? Well guys/gals there goes the online.
#3BadDecisionsPosted 6/24/2011 6:26:02 AM
-Implementing motion + properly

Implying the Wiioo Tablet will go smoother.

-likely development delays due to Spirit Tracks being made at the same time

Implying Wiioo Working Title is the only Zelda game they're making. MM3D and Working Title 3D, tbqh.

-They probably purposely delayed it to holiday season because Nintendo needs a holiday title

Impl... Yeah, probably.

-New art style

Implying Wiioo Working Title won't have a new art style.

-They're trying to make a new formula so the series doesn't grow stale

Implying they're going to continue trying new things after Skyward Sword.

-Chances are it has already entered very early development stages as development on Skyward Sword is pretty much finished.

Implying that didn't happen when Twilight Princess was pretty much finished.

-It's already on Miyamoto's mind

Implying that constant sequels aren't always on his mind.

-There might be a new Zelda 3DS game in development, which could cause a small delay in the development

Implying what I implied already, goddamn.

-The developers are likely already or getting familiar with the tech because that tech demo was impressive

Implying making a room with adjustable lighting is like making a game.

With all this info I think a logical conclusion for the release of Zelda Wii U would be roughly 3 years. 4 years if there is a 3DS zelda game which takes aways from Zelda Wii U's development.

Random numbers everywhere.
#4RhodechillPosted 6/25/2011 10:26:41 AM
I'm sure new obstacles and handheld developments will pop up. Perhaps even longer ones.
---
http://www.linerider.org/forum
#5LordAlistairPosted 6/26/2011 3:38:40 AM
MM3D

I lol'd
#6BadDecisionsPosted 6/26/2011 8:46:48 AM
It's gonna be a thing, goddamn.
#7RECON64bitPosted 6/26/2011 5:15:00 PM

This game comes out near the dawn of the next Nintendo system.