Please don't be another prequel.

#14evermario1Posted 6/25/2011 6:14:59 PM(edited)
That's all I ask.

To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed that Skyward Sword is going to be a prequel, but I can get over that. It's nothing that will stop me from getting that game.

But PLEASE don't make Zelda Wii U ANOTHER prequel.
#2undertheradar89Posted 6/25/2011 6:27:48 PM
Why are you disappointed that Skyward Sword is a prequel?
#3dezmomoPosted 6/25/2011 6:47:42 PM
It doesn't HAVE to be a prequel.
Make up your own timeline and ignore everyone else (:
---
dezmomo || The original one.
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW Boards
#4killbot357Posted 6/25/2011 7:48:04 PM
Where a particular Zelda game takes place in the "timeline" literally does not matter.
---
http://www.gamegrinder.net
#5garlog64Posted 6/25/2011 9:13:49 PM
killbot357 posted...
Where a particular Zelda game takes place in the "timeline" literally does not matter.

Yes, in the same way that video games "literally do not matter".
---
"It would be more ship friendly if it was a port, amirite?" Ultima_Ratio on shipping in OoT 3D
Royal Weapons Smith of the OoT 3D board
#6kamikazetomatoPosted 6/25/2011 9:23:12 PM
garlog64 posted...
killbot357 posted...

Yes, in the same way that video games "literally do not matter".

Considering video games are an industry that puts bread on the plates of many, many people and provides entertainment for millions, and the area of a Zelda game in a timeline is largely irrelevant given how little plot matters in gameplay enjoyment, I'd say you pretty much failed at the whole "cleverly using a quote against someone" deal.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#7kinglink13Posted 6/25/2011 9:30:15 PM(edited)
So your saying you want this to be after ST and since every game is usually 100 years apart (minus the direct sequels) this would have cars and stuff like that so you should say "Please Nintendo don't let this be a sequel to ST."

P.S how are you dissapointed that SS is a prequel?, it tells the origins of the Mastersword and Hyrule.
#84evermario1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2011 10:29:26 PM(edited)
I don't know. I just think that the Zelda series has enough prequels as is. Seems like besides the cel shaded games, TP and MM and TAOL, they keep going backwards and backwards. I would rather have seen a continuation beyond Twilight Princess or something. But then again, it's nothing that will deter me from actually buying SS, because it looks awesome regardless. I'm just hoping this next Zelda for Wii U will not be ANOTHER prequel.
#9killbot357Posted 6/25/2011 10:35:15 PM
Seeing as any sort of timeline is poorly defined at best, and the events of one game have little bearing on any subsequent games, whether this game is a prequel, a sequel, an interquel or entirely unrelated basically means the same thing, in terms of relation to the overall story.
---
http://www.gamegrinder.net
#10garlog64Posted 6/25/2011 11:23:11 PM
kamikazetomato posted...
Considering video games are an industry that puts bread on the plates of many, many people and provides entertainment for millions, and the area of a Zelda game in a timeline is largely irrelevant given how little plot matters in gameplay enjoyment, I'd say you pretty much failed at the whole "cleverly using a quote against someone" deal.

Meh, I was going for a more nihilistic angle with it, but I never intended it to be especially clever in the first place anyway.
---
"It would be more ship friendly if it was a port, amirite?" Ultima_Ratio on shipping in OoT 3D
Royal Weapons Smith of the OoT 3D board