Armor Customization

#1SSJSasuke10Posted 12/3/2011 7:43:45 AM
Hey guys, I just wanted to share an Idea about armor in the next Zelda. One of my favorite features in the Assassin's Creed series is the Armor Upgrade system, if you don't know it, let me explain it to you. There are different parts of armor that should be added to the base tunic, parts like:

-Vambraces(Arm Protection)
-Pauldorns/Spaulders(Shoulder Protection)
-Chest Guard(Self explanatory)
-Greaves(Leg Protection)
There should be different Tiers of Armor and different parts of armor could make one set of armor( in AC for example, there are Roman Greaves, Pauldrons etc that make the Roman armor set).
---
Playstation Network: supermoc10
Xbox Live: supermoc10
#2kamikazetomatoPosted 12/3/2011 1:30:24 PM
You know what would make Zelda, a game renowned for its unique gameplay, even better?

Make it less unique!
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#3lollipopscorePosted 12/3/2011 1:31:20 PM
This would not work well in a zelda game. At least not in my opinion.
#4conantheimpPosted 12/3/2011 7:43:39 PM
The most Zelda should do is introduce armor, but as one complete set which is uncustomisable, no "pieces." Have several sets, but its more along the lines of Zora Tunic, Magic Armor, Stalfos Armor etc. All would have different in-game effects, like in previous games. Zelda has already done this in OoT, MM and TP, and did something similar in ALttP, so its not like it would be a big change.
---
CSplitter~I shall make a sculpture depicting you. From gold. Covered in ice-cream.
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/57823775