The official Majora's Mask topic [Worst Zelda. Skyward Sword is better.]

#21Big_IsaacPosted 12/7/2012 6:40:40 AM
Mp5_drummer posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
Coleby posted...
The only people who say SS is better than MM are the ones who either never finished it or never played it. MM is phenomenal.

implying that you need to finish MM to see its greatness? I never finished it because its flaws and annoying aspects became too much to deal with. I did, however, watch the entire game in LP-form. it doesn't redeem anything later on

Watching an LP isn't the same as playing it. It's like having somebody tell you the plot of a book and saying you've read it. Sure, you know everything that happens, but it's not the same as going through it yourself and experiencing everything first hand. I beg to differ, Ikana Canyon and the Moon make for my favourite Zelda late-game.

the game was unable to make me keep my interest and ruined my experience with all of its time limit, obscure sidequest and busywork bull****, so I quit
from what I've seen in the LPs, nothing of that changes. the time limit stays, the side quests stay just as obscure, the busywork only gets worse and the story doesn't pick up in any way

saying that you can't fairly judge a game without having finished it is asinine.
MM failed to entertain me from the start. therefore it is bad
SS succeeded in entertaining me from the start and kept continuing to do so until the end. therefore it is good.
that is all there is to it.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#22SolidKnightPosted 12/7/2012 7:58:50 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Stating opinion as fact

We're not idiots. We don't need people to tell us whether or not something is their opinion. We can figure it out regardless of how it is stated. It's unlikely that anybody would ever confuse the opinion "x is better than y" as a fact. Thus, there is no need to clarify that statment by prefixing it with "In my opinion" or any other clarificational phrase.
#23KnickKnack12Posted 12/7/2012 12:02:08 PM
That's a real insult TC, comparing a gem like Majora's Mask to the abomination known as Skyward Sword.

But your a moronic troll, so I forgive you. :)
---
"I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake!" -Pinkie Pie
#24Mp5_drummerPosted 12/7/2012 1:00:43 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
Mp5_drummer posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
Coleby posted...
The only people who say SS is better than MM are the ones who either never finished it or never played it. MM is phenomenal.

implying that you need to finish MM to see its greatness? I never finished it because its flaws and annoying aspects became too much to deal with. I did, however, watch the entire game in LP-form. it doesn't redeem anything later on

Watching an LP isn't the same as playing it. It's like having somebody tell you the plot of a book and saying you've read it. Sure, you know everything that happens, but it's not the same as going through it yourself and experiencing everything first hand. I beg to differ, Ikana Canyon and the Moon make for my favourite Zelda late-game.

the game was unable to make me keep my interest and ruined my experience with all of its time limit, obscure sidequest and busywork bull****, so I quit
from what I've seen in the LPs, nothing of that changes. the time limit stays, the side quests stay just as obscure, the busywork only gets worse and the story doesn't pick up in any way

saying that you can't fairly judge a game without having finished it is asinine.
MM failed to entertain me from the start. therefore it is bad
SS succeeded in entertaining me from the start and kept continuing to do so until the end. therefore it is good.
that is all there is to it.

You can make a decent judgement, but my point was that the end (the part you didn't play) was the best part of the game. Weird how opinions between fans differ so much, the reasons you listed for hating MM are the things I love about it. The time limit/3 day mechanic rules, the side quest focus made for more developed NPCs, etc. I really didn't like how lazy the NPC character development was in SS. I'd actually rather have someone say one thing for the entire game than have them start to develop a character then just end it abruptly. Example: Pipit and his mother. There's no real resolution to the issue of her paying Link to clean and Pipit's job - there's the reveal, then it just ends and Pipit has just that one line until the end of the game.
#25Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/8/2012 4:08:57 PM
only on gamefaqs are you going to find someone who calls MM the worst Zelda. Seriously if you've ever seen any reviewers or anyone who actually knows the formula to a good game MM is one of the best games of all time and skyward sword is a little lacking
#26ColebyPosted 12/8/2012 4:47:33 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
Coleby posted...

Hi there.

I beat MM 100% at least 10 times before Skyward Sword was even announced.
It's a great game.

Skyward Sword is better.

I pity you for having such a terrible opinion.
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#27Big_IsaacPosted 12/8/2012 6:17:00 PM
Mp5_drummer posted...
You can make a decent judgement, but my point was that the end (the part you didn't play) was the best part of the game. Weird how opinions between fans differ so much, the reasons you listed for hating MM are the things I love about it. The time limit/3 day mechanic rules, the side quest focus made for more developed NPCs, etc. I really didn't like how lazy the NPC character development was in SS. I'd actually rather have someone say one thing for the entire game than have them start to develop a character then just end it abruptly. Example: Pipit and his mother. There's no real resolution to the issue of her paying Link to clean and Pipit's job - there's the reveal, then it just ends and Pipit has just that one line until the end of the game.

I don't like how NPCs were handled in MM, either. why? because they make me question whether it's worth trying to stop Skullkid in the first place.
these NPCs are so utterly stupid, incompetent and unable to control any aspect of their lives, who is to say that they aren't going to collectively drown in a glass of apple juice at the start of the 4th day?

this is why I like the NPCs in Twilight Princess soooooooooo much better.
the gorons managed to help themselves at least temporarily by sealing their possessed elder away
the zoras are looking for their prince themselves
the evil baby and goron elders are trying to get the town up and running again themselves
Thelma and her gang are trying to make Hyrule a better place by themselves

they still need Links help to do things, but the initiative clearly comes from the people.

meanwhile, in MM:
what does the Deku king intend to do in order to save his daughter? cook a monkey without listening to anything he has to say
how many people did the Gorons send to snowpeak ruins? 1. he bit the dust. what then? they sit on their asses and wait to freeze to death
how many people did the Zoras send to deal with the pirates and Lulu's eggs? 1. he bit the dust, too.

Kafei (sp?) is the only guy in all of MM who tries to do something to help himself. the others just sit in clocktown and wonder whether that giant ass rock with the evil face that is hanging 100 meters over clocktown MIGHT become a problem at some point
I suppose there's the bombers, too, but they don't seem to do anything aside from playing hide-and-seek all day and being racist towards deku scrubs

at least in SS, most of the races didn't have much of a stake in the plot, so it made sense for them to not be all that proactive. heck, even despite that, the mole people help you out on more than one occasion

... wow, that went on for longer than I intended, lol
/massive rant
---
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#28DekuFireMagePosted 12/8/2012 6:33:19 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
Mp5_drummer posted...

I don't like how NPCs were handled in MM, either. why? because they make me question whether it's worth trying to stop Skullkid in the first place.
these NPCs are so utterly stupid, incompetent and unable to control any aspect of their lives, who is to say that they aren't going to collectively drown in a glass of apple juice at the start of the 4th day?

this is why I like the NPCs in Twilight Princess soooooooooo much better.
the gorons managed to help themselves at least temporarily by sealing their possessed elder away
the zoras are looking for their prince themselves
the evil baby and goron elders are trying to get the town up and running again themselves
Thelma and her gang are trying to make Hyrule a better place by themselves

they still need Links help to do things, but the initiative clearly comes from the people.

meanwhile, in MM:
what does the Deku king intend to do in order to save his daughter? cook a monkey without listening to anything he has to say
how many people did the Gorons send to snowpeak ruins? 1. he bit the dust. what then? they sit on their asses and wait to freeze to death
how many people did the Zoras send to deal with the pirates and Lulu's eggs? 1. he bit the dust, too.

Kafei (sp?) is the only guy in all of MM who tries to do something to help himself. the others just sit in clocktown and wonder whether that giant ass rock with the evil face that is hanging 100 meters over clocktown MIGHT become a problem at some point
I suppose there's the bombers, too, but they don't seem to do anything aside from playing hide-and-seek all day and being racist towards deku scrubs

at least in SS, most of the races didn't have much of a stake in the plot, so it made sense for them to not be all that proactive. heck, even despite that, the mole people help you out on more than one occasion

... wow, that went on for longer than I intended, lol
/massive rant

To be fair, what did you expect the people in clocktown to do? A number of them evacuated, and there were arguments, its not like they can construct a giant pillow to cushion the moon's fall.

The Zoras I totally agree with. The dekus- I think they were just simple-minded is all, not lazy. I think they truly believed this was the best way to get the princess back. The gorons however; the elder at least tried to help. The others were preocupied with the elder's son, and nobody knew Darunia died. They probably thought he could handle it, being a great hero and all.
---
"This quote is not inspiring nor funny"- alien21195
People who were left disappointed by this sig:0
#29Big_IsaacPosted 12/8/2012 7:20:25 PM
alien21195 posted...
To be fair, what did you expect the people in clocktown to do? A number of them evacuated, and there were arguments, its not like they can construct a giant pillow to cushion the moon's fall.

what did I expect them to do? SOMETHING
I didn't expect them to come up with a real, competent solution, but they could have tried something. the TP Gorons sealing away their elder wasn't a final solution, either, but it's the initiative that counts. the NPCs aren't supposed to be more competent than the Hero, after all

the people of clocktown could have
1. agreed that this rock is indeed a threat instead of having idiotic arguments about it
2. tried to find out where the rock comes from
3. tried to find and deal with the skullkid. I think they don't know that skullkid is the cause of the moon falling, but half the people of clocktown still complain about the mischief it does. instead of uselessly standing at the exits of town to prevent deku scrubs from leaving, the guards could have tried looking for it
4. uselessly try blowing up the moon. why not? have the mayor stuff all the bombs from the shop in a cheap tin rocket (thing only has to fly 100 m into the air. not exactly rocket science) together with a bunch of Goron-brand powder cegs and try blowing up the problem.
it would fail, but it would be something, at least

The Zoras I totally agree with. The dekus- I think they were just simple-minded is all, not lazy. I think they truly believed this was the best way to get the princess back. The gorons however; the elder at least tried to help. The others were preocupied with the elder's son, and nobody knew Darunia died. They probably thought he could handle it, being a great hero and all.

nobody knew Darunia died? is that why they built him an elaborate grave and why everyone is surprised to see you when you talk to them with the goron mask on?
---
#30HeaderHogPosted 12/8/2012 7:40:54 PM
Majora's Mask was incredible. It was huge, and the time limit actually added depth to it. There were a crapload of sidequests, and many more items and abilities.

Skyward Sword was fun. It was pretty big, the motion controls added depth to it, there weren't as many sidequests, and less items and abilities.

I like Majora's Mask more than Skyward Sword.
As for the worst Zelda game...

Link: The Faces of Evil.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.