The official Majora's Mask topic [Worst Zelda. Skyward Sword is better.]

#31donkeyjackPosted 12/8/2012 8:12:38 PM
The worst Zelda game is Adventure of Link by far.
#32mraustindude19Posted 12/9/2012 12:08:18 AM
"Worst Zelda."
impossible every single one of them is good.in its own way.
besides,clearly the cd-i games aren't being considered...
---
Gaming community:"they copied it so it sucks"
"they didn't copy it so it sucks"
#33Bob_EsrockPosted 12/9/2012 1:39:32 AM
snae99 posted...
Warp_Zone posted...
I strongly disagree with the opinion, and don't agree with how you communicated it

---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#34Alan_00XPosted 12/9/2012 1:42:09 PM
@BIIIIIGGG Issac
You have to understand that the moon falling isn't an everyday occurrence. Most people were probably in denial about the moon in the first place.
#35Big_IsaacPosted 12/9/2012 2:23:32 PM
Alan_00X posted...
@BIIIIIGGG Issac
You have to understand that the moon falling isn't an everyday occurrence. Most people were probably in denial about the moon in the first place.

what is there to be in denial about? it's a giant rock that is floating above town and slowly descending

besides, that's not even relevant to my point to begin with. the people in MM are utterly passive, inept and unable to do anything on their own. whether they are stupidly in denial about what's going on or whether they are just standing around all day playing with themselves doesn't matter.
fact is that they are not proactive in the slightest
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#36Alan_00XPosted 12/9/2012 2:33:59 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
Alan_00X posted...
@BIIIIIGGG Issac

what is there to be in denial about? it's a giant rock that is floating above town and slowly descending

besides, that's not even relevant to my point to begin with. the people in MM are utterly passive, inept and unable to do anything on their own. whether they are stupidly in denial about what's going on or whether they are just standing around all day playing with themselves doesn't matter.

maybe you're right I'm just offering them an excuse for not actually doing anything about it. It also might be tied to them having the guardian deities solving their problems so they aren't used to dealing with their own problems?
#37Big_IsaacPosted 12/9/2012 2:46:28 PM
Alan_00X posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
Alan_00X posted...
@BIIIIIGGG Issac

maybe you're right I'm just offering them an excuse for not actually doing anything about it. It also might be tied to them having the guardian deities solving their problems so they aren't used to dealing with their own problems?

the whole thing with the guardians is a legend, not recorded history. people don't even seem to realize the parallels between the legend (4 giants told little imp to stop screwing with people) and what's happening now (little imp is screwing with people)
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#38NavidsonRecordPosted 12/9/2012 2:51:12 PM
I disagree with your statement.

Majora's Mask throws you right into the action after a short, but enjoyable cutscene. Players are immediately involved in the story and emotionally invested in what is happening. Someone attacked you, stole from you, and is now trying to get away. That's not happening to our Link. Whereas Skyward Sword has a long prologue with hefty dialogue, Majora's Mask let's you discover the game as you play. For the first 45 minutes to hour-ish, you're exploring the world and piecing things together on your own, while being introduced to characters who are unique and instantly leave a mark on you. Skyward Sword's Prologue looks nice, sound nice, and is kind of cool, but there's not a whole lot of freedom. Also, I've seen these characters before.... The hot head who thinks he deserves the princess, along with his group of loyal followers. The timid guy, the role model... I've seen this all before. Their actions are obvious, easy to predict, and the backstory is next to none. I'd rather take MM's NPCs anyday.

Which brings me to another thing, Tatl versus Fi. Tatl was the improvement of Navi, the precursor to Midna, and the only companion to ever get things right. Tatl never really LIKES you, but Link and Tatl must work together to reach a common goal. In the end, a mutual respect is achieved. Tatl is a very unique way to exemplify MM's underlying theme of friendship. No matter how evil the Majora's Mask makes Skullkid, she wants her friend back, and she will team up with a stranger to make that happen. Link makes a similar, albeit forced, decision. Link and Tatl are a very unique pair. Tatl has personality, have you ever read what she says about enemies? Fi is simply always playing servant to the master, and her information is occasionally in overload. Even more, sometimes her excessive information isn't even helpful. I'll take story value and helpful hints over boring anyway. But really, Tatl. Everyone should replay Majora's Mask and focus on what Tatl and Link's relationship really means to the plot and the themes. I won't spell it all out for you.

Music... Now, music is purely opinionated in terms of what people like. Skyward Sword's music is obviously the better of the two, being orchestrated and all. However, I still prefer the music of MM. However, this point goes to Skyward Sword for the sheer awesome amount of work put into the soundtrack.

Graphics, not relevant. Comparing games nearly 10 years apart is useless. However, Skyward Sword does have the more unique style of the two with its impressionist theme.

Story: Skyward Sword's story let me down. I was expecting much more from the characters and plot. I believe that MM has an incredibly deep story, complimented by the NPCs no doubt, but I don't think Story should effect scores all that much. Still, SS was... generic. I was pretty excited for the story, but then whats-his-name revealed his plan was to revive his master....ugh... I already saw that in the past 4 Zelda games. Majora's Mask had a story with an impending doom, motivation, and sentimental characters. SS has an active antagonist and cool ties to other Zelda games, but that's about it.

Gameplay. Obviously the Wii Motion+ is the biggest step that the Zelda series has ever taken, and bringing back the upgrade system was awesome. Majora's Mask is somewhat superfluous with its large amount of masks, but I'd say that this is up to opinion. Some people hate motion controls. I give it to Skyward Sword.

They are both amazing Zelda games, but Majora's Mask is in no way the worst Zelda game.
---
Previously erksage.
#39Fist_of_SunsPosted 12/9/2012 3:10:44 PM
No one brought it up yet? SS had Fi, for that reason alone its worse than MM.
---
Full sig in quote, cookie for who knows who said it. cookies given so far 7
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/868/howiwasthedeviljoe.mp4
#40Alan_00XPosted 12/9/2012 3:41:38 PM(edited)
Fist_of_Suns posted...
No one brought it up yet? SS had Fi, for that reason alone its worse than MM.

Oh come on, try harder. momentary interruption doesn't automatically make one game worse than another in my opinion.