Are there any games like Zelda that you really like?

#11fluffy_kinsPosted 12/29/2012 9:34:22 AM
Okami for sure. One of my favorite games
#12HyperProtomanXPosted 12/29/2012 9:59:24 AM
YMMV on how well this counts, but Dark Cloud and its sequel/prequel/spiritual successor Dark Cloud 2 (also known as Dark Chronicle) was thought of by some as the Zelda of PS2. Different sort of dungeons definitely, but also a nice fairy tale like plot with time travel involved, entertaining mini-games, as well as building in the style of Sim City. The first one has its flaws, but the second one addresses them. Needs more love, I say.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#13PT_PiranhaPosted 12/29/2012 10:41:11 AM
DChybridking posted...
Okami. I wish that game could get a full fledged sequel.

Okamiden was a full-fledged sequel. Everything was continued.
It just happened to not be in the way you seem to have expected.
---
OH. BANANA.
<Last remaining Mario fan>
#14Phantom_NookPosted 12/29/2012 11:03:36 AM
Okami like others said. I also enjoyed Star Fox Adventures for what it was.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#15DChybridkingPosted 12/29/2012 11:58:32 AM
PT_Piranha posted...
DChybridking posted...
Okami. I wish that game could get a full fledged sequel.

Okamiden was a full-fledged sequel. Everything was continued.
It just happened to not be in the way you seem to have expected.

Well yeah I meant a sequel on the big console. I dun think I could appreciate the game on the ds.
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#16Redmage1987(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 5:03:38 PM
Silfalas posted...
Okami. One of the best I have played. The dungeons aspect is not quite the same though. FF adventure is one I will play one day. I promise.

You definitely should, lol. I'm sure FF Adventure will come out on the 3DS eShop eventually, you should give it a go when it comes out.

Danspurt posted...
Goof Troop!

I completely forgot about that! I love that game, lol. It's got amazing multiplayer as well. I still have yet to beat it though.
---
The Old School Video Game King!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Redmage1987
#17DanspurtPosted 12/29/2012 5:44:28 PM
Redmage1987 posted...
I completely forgot about that! I love that game, lol. It's got amazing multiplayer as well. I still have yet to beat it though.

Absolutely, co-op was the primary reason I loved it! It was very Zelda-like in many ways except for combat, which was limited to throwing stuff and tricking enemies into traps. I thought that was exciting as well, as it led to planning ways to carefully cross each room, and many panicked moments of running from enemies as your partner looks for something to toss at them.

It was sadly a very short experience, but I think that was also part of what made it great. It wasn't longer than it had to be. Me and my younger brother beat it in little over 2 hours, but boy, it got pretty challenging at parts!

Also, the Youtube channel Game Grumps did an awesome let's play of it.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#18MercuryEnigmaPosted 12/29/2012 6:04:49 PM
This topic has officially decided that I need to buy Okami. It looked great, but I'm always weary about buy new titles. But given the great review from a fanbase that likes what I like, I need to get it!
---
Live. Love. Be. Believe.
Not changing my sig until LostWinds gets a third installment.
#19tom120percentPosted 12/30/2012 5:12:38 AM
Nier on xbox360/PS3

This game felt like it was a zelda game whilst playing through, kinda like zelda if it was an RPG. There are even little nods to the zelda series.
#20guedesbrawlPosted 12/30/2012 6:52:41 AM
okami.it's a masterpiece.okamiden was also very good.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6