Are there any games like Zelda that you really like?

#31Big_IsaacPosted 1/2/2013 9:31:07 AM
uhm, it means a lot, actually
or would you say that CoD is a Zelda-like game, too? after all, only the entire focus is different
for something to be "like" another thing, it has to have the same or at least a similar focus.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#32Gold25onePosted 1/2/2013 9:35:10 PM
Binding of isaac is often compared to zelda it has no puzzles its just combat and rooms it has less in common than dark souls but people make the comparison allot they do the same comparison with dark souls (which is how i found the game) i am not alone in this way of thinking you are actually the first person i found that does not see the similarities of the 2.
#33ArcvalonsPosted 1/8/2013 2:11:29 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
Gold25one posted...
You have to go here and ring these bells... first go through this area with enemies and look a boss! oh now you have to collect these souls in these different areas with more enemies and more bosses!

Its not a clone but the title is "like zelda" it does not have to be 100% the same >_>

that sounds nothing like Zelda
from what I can tell, Darksouls focus is combat. Zelda's focus are the puzzles and dungeons

Dark Souls is like what Zelda would look like if it had evolved in a different direction, if it had built upon exploration and combat rather than puzzles (and for all intents and purposes, the first three games in the series were more combat and exploration than puzzles, it was after LA and OoT that it took a different direction.)
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#34StarmanJuniorPosted 1/8/2013 4:03:11 PM
Final Fantasy Adventure is a pretty sick game. I'm also a big fan of Star Tropics, Illusion of Gaia, and Soul Blazer. Those are very zelda-ish.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#35BardWannabePosted 1/8/2013 8:57:44 PM
Red Steel 2- "like Zelda" insofar that it has Wii Motion Plus sword and shooting controls like SS. The game's my favorite 3rd party Wii title

I really love Star Fox Adventures, and I feel that it's a shame that its reputation hasn't held up well among Nintendo fans.

In more broad similarities, the FF games can have Zelda-ish feel to them, and Xenoblade's sense of exploration feels like the essence of Zelda. Yes, I love RPGs.
#36MooglePeruPosted 1/8/2013 9:11:12 PM
BardWannabe posted...
Red Steel 2- "like Zelda" insofar that it has Wii Motion Plus sword and shooting controls like SS. The game's my favorite 3rd party Wii title

I really love Star Fox Adventures, and I feel that it's a shame that its reputation hasn't held up well among Nintendo fans.

In more broad similarities, the FF games can have Zelda-ish feel to them, and Xenoblade's sense of exploration feels like the essence of Zelda. Yes, I love RPGs.

I definitely don't see the resemblance at all between FF and Zelda.
And comparing Xenoblade's majestic exploration to Zelda's? What are you playing?

Also, I came here to say Alundra, too.
---
My Backloggery: Only fun games allowed!
http://www.backloggery.com/moogleperu
#37xxxxxnPosted 1/9/2013 10:34:13 AM
I'm in the extreme minority here but star fox adventures played almost exactly like a Zelda game and because of that I really enjoyed it and I wish they would make a sequel.