Your two favorite classic 2D Zelda games

#1someguy86420Posted 1/18/2013 3:49:14 PM
again, in any order - Results (119 votes)
The Legend of Zelda & The Adventure of Link
4.2% (5 votes)
The Legend of Zelda & A Link to the Past
15.13% (18 votes)
The Legend of Zelda & Link's Awakening
1.68% (2 votes)
The Legend of Zelda & Oracle of Ages/Seasons
3.36% (4 votes)
The Adventure of Link & A Link to the Past
2.52% (3 votes)
The Adventure of Link & Link's Awakening
5.04% (6 votes)
The Adventure of Link & Oracle of Ages/Seasons
5.04% (6 votes)
A Link to the Past & Link's Awakening
28.57% (34 votes)
A Link to the Past & Oracle of Ages/Seasons
22.69% (27 votes)
Link's Awakening & Oracle of Ages/Seasons
11.76% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I never got very far in any of them except the first.
#2nmnm100Posted 1/18/2013 6:42:51 PM
I think they hit the nail with Alttp and LA honestly. They both are very open, and I like that in a handheld Zelda. I just wish it wouldn't come at the cost of story sometimes. I think something similar to what WW did with the two sages (You choosing the order of events, yet still getting the same story out of it), would work well if they made it so that the first dungeon has to be done, but then you can go into the next 3 in any order, with story at each, but not skewing the story in giving you that option. (Like multiple endings, Zelda has a continuity, and the ability to change the story up could really mess that up) It would be so that when you revisited a dungeon you've already completed, you could get to hidden areas with the other items you got from other dungeons etc. I also think that adding shortcuts for people who chose to do other dungeons first would be nice. Like if you saved the Zoras in the watery dungeon, a Zora would be at the forest dungeon and they could take you in an underground area to another section of the forest, skipping part of it.

Eh... in any case, that's how I'd do it. It'll give me that open feel, and the replayability that I want while giving me reasons to explore more.
---
I don't get A's, I get S's!
#3BluesMX90Posted 1/18/2013 7:48:01 PM
Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons/Ages.
---
The Official SeeD Member of whatever FF Board
As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain. ~ Squall
#4SpoinkRulezzPosted 1/18/2013 9:50:14 PM
Link's Awakening + Oracles.
#5guedesbrawlPosted 1/19/2013 5:34:10 AM
GRAAAAAAAAAAAUGHRTEYASG!!!

WHERE?!
I CAN'T SEE SPlRIT TRACK, PHANTOM HOURGLASS,MINISH CAP,FOUR SWORDS ADVENTURES ANYWHERE!

this poll is bad,and you should feel bad (by the way,ALLTP and ST,equally.)
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#6LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/19/2013 6:36:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7SilfalasPosted 1/19/2013 6:57:53 AM
guedesbrawl posted...

WHERE?!
I CAN'T SEE SPlRIT TRACK, PHANTOM HOURGLASS,MINISH CAP,FOUR SWORDS ADVENTURES ANYWHERE!

Maybe they are not "classic" to TC.
---
Currently playing: Patapon, Earthbound and Assassin's Creed.
#8NejiHyuga900Posted 1/19/2013 7:43:28 AM
A Link to the Past & Oracle of Ages/Seasons
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#9guedesbrawlPosted 1/19/2013 10:31:28 AM
Silfalas posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

WHERE?!

Maybe they are not "classic" to TC.

this is stupid.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#10Mirror_AuraPosted 1/19/2013 4:53:50 PM
I voted for LoZ and AoL. I can never decide between AoL and LttP... the first three Zelda games are just so amazing. Great classic games.

Heh, to be fair, it would require bad taste to consider any of those four as the best Zelda game, let alone the best 2d one. That'd be like saying one of the 3d Zeldas is the best.

But mostly, those aren't "classic" games at all. They're all post-2004 games. Link's Awakening was 1993. That's a pretty big gap in time. And they don't even play like classic Zelda does (i.e. the first three games, and kind-of Link's Awakening). Which is why I'd personally suggest removing the 2001 games OoA/OoS from the poll, but... Not really my business.

Still, I can't see how people confuse linear puzzle-adventure games (3d Zelda, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, etc.) with non-linear Action-RPGs (Zelda 1, AoL, LttP, etc.)... are the games really THAT similar to you?
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.