Your reaction: Nintendo makes deal with Bethesda to help develop new Zelda game.

#1RECON64bitPosted 1/24/2013 10:19:05 AM
Similar to the deal between Namco and Sakurai's team to develop the next Smash bros. Eiji Aonuma would get final say on all decisions.

One way Bethesda could be used is to help design the overworld since they are really good at that. Maybe some elder scrolls influences could be brought in, like improved magical abilities that are based on Legend of Zelda lore.

(please note: I'm not saying it should happen so try not to attack me.)
#2MooglePeruPosted 1/24/2013 10:21:05 AM
Only if they design the overworld and nothing else.
---
My Backloggery: Only fun games allowed!
http://www.backloggery.com/moogleperu
#3SolidKnightPosted 1/24/2013 10:36:03 AM
They wouldn't be able to work together because they have opposing views on game development. As a result, the game would either be massively delayed or a complete mess.
#4RECON64bit(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:40:21 AM
SolidKnight posted...
They wouldn't be able to work together because they have opposing views on game development. As a result, the game would either be massively delayed or a complete mess.

What opposing views? They are professionals and the completion of the game would always come before ideals. How do you think it's possible for Namco and Sakurai to work together? The game would be completed faster anyway.
#5SolidKnightPosted 1/24/2013 10:48:54 AM
RECON64bit posted...
What opposing views? They are professionals and the completion of the game would always come before ideals. How do you think it's possible for Namco and Sakurai to work together? The game would be completed faster anyway.

There's more to game development than "get the game out the door" and differences in ideals or methodology does get in the way of completing a project. Hence why businesses put time and effort into conflict resolution training.

Of course, this all depends on what Bethesda is tasked to do.
#6Alan_00XPosted 1/24/2013 10:49:46 AM
I personally found elder scrolls to be boring. I also hate farmville.
#7RECON64bit(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:54:04 AM
SolidKnight posted...
RECON64bit posted...

There's more to game development than "get the game out the door" and differences in ideals or methodology does get in the way of completing a project. Hence why businesses put time and effort into conflict resolution training.

Of course, this all depends on what Bethesda is tasked to do.

You haven't explained to me what the opposing views are. Working in different genres!=opposing views. I've also stated that the deal would be similar to the Namco-Sakurai. The lead dev in Nintendo gets final say on everything. There is no conflict of leadership. You make it sound like video game companies act like bickering UN coutries.
#8SolidKnightPosted 1/24/2013 11:09:25 AM
RECON64bit posted...
You haven't explained to me what the opposing views are. Working in different genres!=opposing views. I've also stated that the deal would be similar to the Namco-Sakurai. The lead dev in Nintendo gets final say on everything. There is no conflict of leadership. You make it sound like video game companies act like bickering UN coutries.

You make it sound like everything is smooth sailing just because somebody is officially in charge. Typically these topics are in regards to design. Otherwise a mere outsourcing of development doesn't lend much to talk about since it's basically Nintendo drafting specs and Bethesda executing them.

When it comes to design, Bethesda is on the opposite end of the table. This is where different genres results in opposing views or, at the very least, having little experience and thus not being the best tool for the job.
#9RECON64bit(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:16:57 AM
SolidKnight posted...
RECON64bit posted...

You make it sound like everything is smooth sailing just because somebody is officially in charge. Typically these topics are in regards to design. Otherwise a mere outsourcing of development doesn't lend much to talk about since it's basically Nintendo drafting specs and Bethesda executing them.

When it comes to design, Bethesda is on the opposite end of the table. This is where different genres results in opposing views or, at the very least, having little experience and thus not being the best tool for the job.

This is why you utilize bethesda for it's strongest points. You think just because Bethesda makes RPGs they can't bring anything to the table for developing a Zelda game. I find that absurd. I will say this, typically when there is money and jobs on the line you do not complicate things. It's a collaboration but Nintendo would still be in charge. Bethesda is not in charge. Video game devs employ people from various different backgrounds and experience all the time. This is not much of an issue.
#10SolidKnightPosted 1/24/2013 11:25:18 AM
RECON64bit posted...
This is why you utilize bethesda for it's strongest points. You think just because Bethesda makes RPGs they can't bring anything to the table for developing a Zelda game. I find that absurd. I will say this, typically when there is money and jobs on the line you do not complicate things. It's a collaboration but Nintendo would still be in charge. Bethesda is not in charge. Video game devs employ people from various different backgrounds and experience all the time. This is not much of an issue.

What's the point of this topic then? Nintendo uses Bethesda as a workhorse. Discuss.