Your reaction: Nintendo makes deal with Bethesda to help develop new Zelda game.

#11RECON64bit(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:37:59 AM
SolidKnight posted...
RECON64bit posted...
This is why you utilize bethesda for it's strongest points. You think just because Bethesda makes RPGs they can't bring anything to the table for developing a Zelda game. I find that absurd. I will say this, typically when there is money and jobs on the line you do not complicate things. It's a collaboration but Nintendo would still be in charge. Bethesda is not in charge. Video game devs employ people from various different backgrounds and experience all the time. This is not much of an issue.

What's the point of this topic then? Nintendo uses Bethesda as a workhorse. Discuss.

Where did I say Nintendo uses Bethesda like that? I said before it would be a collaboration, though it'd be in heavy favor towards Nintendo since it's their game.

Both companies would learn from each other, ideas would be thrown around, more work can be completed, and who knows maybe there'd be a partnership of some kind where Bethesda develops games for the Wii U.

The point of the topic was to see what people would think if something like this were to happen.
#12enterthemadroxPosted 1/24/2013 1:03:49 PM
I'd wonder what's going on since I've never played a Bethesda game and honestly have no desire to, they don't look very appealing.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#13Bahamut_10thPosted 1/24/2013 1:24:49 PM
I would expect a boring Zelda.
#14cucumberkingPosted 1/24/2013 2:20:14 PM
The cynic in me says glitches, freezes, uninspired generic fantasy world, and stupid memes about arrows.

The optimist in me thinks something akin to the despair inducing blight storms of Morrowind. The grand and bland coming together to make a world truly feel alive. You can't have great moments without subtle filler ones.
#15Someguy_13Posted 1/24/2013 3:42:39 PM
I've never played a Bethesda game that I liked.

I really tried to get into Skyrim. I really did. But it just wasn't fun.
The Overworld was beautiful. It's a shame so much of the game takes place indoors or in the same 3 caves.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#16strongo9Posted 1/24/2013 3:42:45 PM
Bethesda is crap. It's a shame that they're looked at by many as the best developer of WRPGs.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#17GoombacrusherPosted 1/24/2013 4:30:48 PM
Say "What the hell Nintendo?" and point out that they are literally sitting on top of Retro studios who could help make the perfect Zelda and they went with Bethesda who can't even bug test their games before releasing them no doubt at much greater cost than it would've taken to get Retro on board
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#18GohansephirothPosted 1/24/2013 5:47:23 PM
animations would become quite clunky thats for sure (i hate the game engines they use in the elderscrolls games)
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#19morpheus1138Posted 1/24/2013 7:52:10 PM
That would be amazing... but would signify another 5 years before the next zelda :(
---
--------------------------------------------------------------------
And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good - need we anyone to tell us these things?