Realistically, how far into the game do you think Nintendo is?

#21FrankulaPosted 1/31/2013 8:47:18 AM
alien21195 posted...
Aren't they still playing around with graphical styles? Whether they are or aren't, I'd only say about 15%, probably less. Doubt we'll even get anything at e3 outside of a single concept picture like with Skyward Sword, if even that.

Not necessarily. They said they WERE experimenting with graphical styles, they never said if they had picked one yet or not,all they said is that this experimentationled to them making WW HD. Since that game is coming out this year I'd say that its like that the experimentation happened a while ago and is over and done with.

But even if they hadn't completely decided on the art style, that wouldn't stop them from making SIGNIFICANT progress. Heres's what they could do without an art style:
-Base engine (Including physics, controls, interactions with environment and objects)
-Enemy AI
-Dungeon design/implementation
-Story Design
-Item mechanics
-Side quest design/implementation
-Multiplayer functionality

And there's probably many many more you could add to this list, and I'd say that these would easily make up for more than 50% of the game. Probably around 75% of the game right there.

But i don't think they are done with all of that, also I do think they have chosen an art style. I'd say they are almost halfway done with development, and the game won't come out till holiday 2014 or later.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#22faramir77Posted 2/2/2013 10:45:18 PM
I expect a late 2016 or 2017 release. We won't see a damn thing about it at E3, except maybe a poster like we did with Skyward Sword in 2009.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --
#23Nintendoboy77Posted 2/2/2013 11:21:20 PM
faramir77 posted...
I expect a late 2016 or 2017 release. We won't see a damn thing about it at E3, except maybe a poster like we did with Skyward Sword in 2009.

Yeah right. I highly doubt Nintendo would spend 6 years developing a new Zelda game. Most games are developed between 2 - 4 years. I'd say late 2015 at the latest.
#24ColebyPosted 2/3/2013 12:14:45 AM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
faramir77 posted...

Yeah right. I highly doubt Nintendo would spend 6 years developing a new Zelda game. Most games are developed between 2 - 4 years. I'd say late 2015 at the latest.

It's really not that unrealistic. IIRC, SS was in development for around five years. There was also a five-year gap between the releases of LA and OoT, and four years between AoL and ALttP.
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#25faramir77Posted 2/3/2013 12:26:05 AM
Exactly what Coleby said.

TP to SS was a ridiculous 5 years, so it isn't unreasonable to say it'll be at least 5 years between SS and Zelda Wii U, making it a late 2016 release.

Nintendo has really slowed down with Zelda game production for some reason. It's been nearly a year and a half since SS released, and we haven't even heard of any new Zelda games since up until the WW announcement (hardly a "new game" though, but still a good announcement).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --
#26Nintendoboy77Posted 2/3/2013 8:16:36 AM
Coleby posted...
Nintendoboy77 posted...
faramir77 posted...

It's really not that unrealistic. IIRC, SS was in development for around five years. There was also a five-year gap between the releases of LA and OoT, and four years between AoL and ALttP.

Just because there is a gap doesn't mean they started the next Zelda right away.