Reaction: Rocksteady (Developer of Arkham Asylum & Arkham City) make a Zelda

#11CrystalKing5426Posted 1/27/2013 6:52:10 PM
OOT is about 20-25 and has more sidequests than either Arkham game.

MM and WW are 18 or so and have a ****load of sidequests.

As far as combat, SS>WW=TP>AC>AA>MM>OOT.

Also, nice how you didn't try to refute any of my other points.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#12ArcvalonsPosted 1/27/2013 7:14:31 PM
Ehh, you really don't need that much time to beat either MM, OoT, and TWW
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#13CrystalKing5426Posted 1/27/2013 7:18:52 PM
Arcvalons posted...
Ehh, you really don't need that much time to beat either MM, OoT, and TWW

On subsequent playthroughs, perhaps, but for the first time, that's the average length. Subsequent AA and AC main runs are only 8-10 hours.
---
#14SkyCrackersPosted 1/27/2013 8:55:17 PM
I took a whole lot longer than 25 hours to beat OOT, MM, and WW. On my third playthrough of OOT (the 3DS version), I clocked in at over 70 hours. Though admittedly, maybe 20 of those hours came from me leaving my 3DS lying around open. If you take your time to really hunt for those secrets and to fool around a bit, Zelda games last a long time.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#15CrystalKing5426Posted 1/27/2013 9:10:05 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
I took a whole lot longer than 25 hours to beat OOT, MM, and WW. On my third playthrough of OOT (the 3DS version), I clocked in at over 70 hours. Though admittedly, maybe 20 of those hours came from me leaving my 3DS lying around open. If you take your time to really hunt for those secrets and to fool around a bit, Zelda games last a long time.

I was talking about just the main quest, with sidequests completely removed from the equation.
---
#16ArcvalonsPosted 1/27/2013 9:55:22 PM
Now that's stretching it, it takes 14-16 hours for me to 100% OoT. Its a small world and I know where almost everything is. Never done TWW since collecting charts and sailing to specific spots is obnoxiously annoying, but the main quest is easily the shortest, and it really easy to clock less than 12 hours.

Still far from the 36-40 hours for TP. If you take 70 hours to complete OoT and TWW, not only must you be terrible at them (no offence), you must take weeks for TP or SS!
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#17ZvolTxPosted 1/27/2013 9:56:16 PM
TP's combat is better than WW's. The SS thing is fine where you put it because that boils down to preference on motion controls, but no way is WW combat equal to TP.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#18CrystalKing5426Posted 1/27/2013 10:00:58 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
TP's combat is better than WW's. The SS thing is fine where you put it because that boils down to preference on motion controls, but no way is WW combat equal to TP.

I think it's up to personal preference. WW's combat is more fluid and has legitimate combat use for almost every item.
---
#19ZvolTxPosted 1/27/2013 10:04:13 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
ZvoLtx posted...

I think it's up to personal preference. WW's combat is more fluid and has legitimate combat use for almost every item.

Doesn't really feel that way to me, but your opinion is just as valid as mine. I will give it to you that it is very fluid though; he moves very smoothly, like a dancer....
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#20fluffy_kinsPosted 1/27/2013 10:35:07 PM
Would the hookshot become the same as Batman's grapple gun? If so, then f yes. F YES.